PDA

View Full Version : Another fishfinder problem

lyndall
09-14-2005, 03:39 AM
Does anyone have a huminbird matrix. I have the matrix 20, the low end of the scale, I like the gps part of it, for finding my way back to the dock. But I get nothing from the bottom view, it won't show any brush piles or anything, most of the time it just shows a flat bottom, i've tried the adjustments, updated it from the web site and everthing i could think of. I know there is something down there when i get hung and drag up a limb or two. i've come close to finding the deepest part of the lake and seeing if it will float.

J White
09-14-2005, 04:28 AM
Only thing I can think of, is maybe the sensitivity needs turned up -
my old Eagle, one of the first things I do after turning it on is to go into
the menu and max out the sens. Unless I get into less than 10 feet of water
or there is unusually dirty water, I leave it there.

TAE73
09-14-2005, 04:52 AM
I have a 37 and love it, it shows all brush piles. I dont always believe if there is fish or not. I dont know what sensitivity level, mine is on but I can check for ya.

Big George
09-14-2005, 07:00 AM
I have the 87c gps/sonar matrix units I have had very good luck with them I really dont know why some have alot of trouble with humminbird I had garmins and when I switched over it was like a blind man seeing again I feel very confident in humminbird I have placed high at every crappie tournament I have fished since switching and even was lucky enough to win the amature side of CUSA region 4 regional I have one of these units for sale right now because I am updating to the 987C side scanning model

Bowfin
09-14-2005, 07:24 AM
I have an Eagle Fisheasy and I leave the sensativity on "auto" and i have no problems seeing stumps trees and brushpiles. I have played with my sensitivity setting, but it was always to noisy or not showing anything.

funfishing
09-14-2005, 08:01 AM
A friend of mine has a garmin that got to acting kind of like you are saying. He replaced the transducer and it fixed the problem.

unknown 5
09-14-2005, 12:35 PM
I have a Matrix 37 and I love it. I can find anything I need to find with it. I am considering ordering a "sidefinder" transducer for it next Spring. That way I will be able to switch transducers and can get a side view when I am fishing a bank.

TAE73
09-14-2005, 12:44 PM
I have a Matrix 37 and I love it. I can find anything I need to find with it. I am considering ordering a "sidefinder" transducer for it next Spring. That way I will be able to switch transducers and can get a side view when I am fishing a bank.

I have been tossing the same idea around, to use on my 37. I would like it to use for looking under a dock. I wish there was more information on humminbirds website on this.

ShilohRed
09-14-2005, 07:22 PM
I have the 87c gps/sonar matrix units I have had very good luck with them I really dont know why some have alot of trouble with humminbird I had garmins and when I switched over it was like a blind man seeing again I feel very confident in humminbird I have placed high at every crappie tournament I have fished since switching and even was lucky enough to win the amature side of CUSA region 4 regional I have one of these units for sale right now because I am updating to the 987C side scanning model

LEt us know how you like the 987C. I would like to have one but it looks like it will be a year or so off.

PEte