Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some bass jigs I tie up...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some bass jigs I tie up...

Just thought I'd share some pics of bass jigs that I tie and have been producing very well!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some nice jigs. They should get the job done.

Backwaters of Grenada Lake, Yalobusha Bottom
    Post Thanks / Like

That's some good looking jigs. Don't it make you feel good when you catch fish on a lure you made?
    Wishin' I Was Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

it sure does!!! puts a grin on your chin that won't go away!

Post Thanks / Like

How do those hold up in your box? I have to keep my feather and fur jigs seperate from my plastic baits or I get one big mess! Have never tried mixing rabbit with the silicone legs, just wondering...

BTW, those are very nice looking! Zonker strips with buck tail have caught me some nice bass this yearin the reservoirs. Hopefully my local river clears up sometime so I can get after the smallies....

Post Thanks / Like

They hold up very well... just make sure that they are dry before putting them away! I keep a big butter tub filled with "Dry Fly" and after I shake off the excess water and spin the jig on the line (air dry... hahahaha) I then put into that tub and put the lid on and give it a good shaking. The jig comes out dry and I put it away in the tackle box for another day!

I do keep these separate from my other plastics as that can get really messy. By plastics I mean my worms and craws and such. But the silicone legs don't get messed up in the fur/marabou and these designs have served me very well. I've gone real light on the silicone legs/zonker bodies all the way up to a heavy body of silicone legs along with the zonker body and they've just performed remarkably.

There's just something about the subtle 'breathing' action when you combine the marabou, zonker body and silicone legs. But don't take my word for it.... ask the bass that have taken the bite!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just as nice as your crappie jigs

AW,

Where do you buy your materials for your bass jigs. I've seen your crappie jigs and they're awesome. These bass jigs are just as nice. I'd like to try some. Do you use the same vice/crappie jig materials and supplies or are there other materials that have to be purchased?
    There's nothing like feeling that THUMP...FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

I mainly get my supplies from Barlows Tackle Shop. I use the same tools that I use for my crappie jigs. But you'll need to pick up some skirt materials.... but not the ones sized down for crappie jigs. Make sure the skirts are at least 5 inches in length. And use heavier thread 'cause you're gonna need to really cinch down to keep those rubber skirts in place.

Post Thanks / Like

wouldn't mind owning one of those

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by galvatron View Post
    wouldn't mind owning one of those
    That can be made possible!!! Either you can wait for my site to go up (probably another week before everything is "wrapped" up) or hit my blog and check out all the other various options that I offer!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast