Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Table Rock in Mid July

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table Rock in Mid July

This July my Wife, Daughter and I are headed down to Big Cedar on Table Rock for a little family vacation. My Wife continues to remind me that this is NOT a fishing trip, but we are dragging the Skeeter down with us, so you know I'm going fishing. I've never fished Table Rock and I've only been on the lake once. I've been trying to get my arms around how to fish this lake. I know it's about 10 times clearer than anything I am use to fishing (Mississippi River & Mark Twain Lake). Do I go with the same setup and fish trees? I've not yet trolled cranks, and wouldn't know where to strat with that. Is it worth messing with in Mid July? Any help from those down south would be appreciated.
    Cameron Denison - St. Charles, MO
    Mississippi River Pool 26 | Mark Twain Lake
    White/Black Skeeter and I talk to everyone.
    Thump, Set the Hook!

Post Thanks / Like

well sir I never fish over by big cedar. so cant tell you any spots from experience. but table rock in july the crappie being crappie should be on trees, docks,and bridge piers, now if you was on the james river arm or flat creek I could point you in a good direction. it is real slow on table rock right now, hope it improves by the time you get there, good luck and get back with me closer to time I will investigate a little for you maby get you some ideas, luck to you

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Beagle. I thought that may be the answer I get. This trip will be the next "real" fishing trip I get to take. I fish every week, but I fish the Mississippi River north of St. Louis. We haven't figured out the crappie in this area yet, but we are starting to hone in on bass. I'm looking forward to the Table Rock trip to see if I can get back on some crappie. BTW, I've been meaning to ask, with a name like Beagle, do you have dogs? I have a 7 yr old beagle that loves to go rabbit hunting in the winter.
    Thanks again,
    Thump, Set the Hook!

Post Thanks / Like

Hit me up the week before you come.

Might go for a change of pace and fish down by Big Cedar the weekend before and see what's going down there. I've been needing a reason to fish a different part of the lake.

I'm sure Barndog and I will have fished the James before your arrival. Iffin' it stays the way it was a few weeks ago It'll be tough.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

If so, then I may have to switch my target species. What's good for that time of year? Smallies deep? I'll hit it up again a couple weeks prior.

Thanks for the info.
    Thump, Set the Hook!

Post Thanks / Like

yes camalama I raise and hunt beagles, ok on the table rock trip it's been tough on the rock for two years now and looks like this year will make it three years in a row, oh well it will get better later or next year. good luck on your trip. and unlike KIT I am not gonna fish the east part of the lake, to many people over there for ole beagle later and good luck, oh by the way never fished on the big muddy but I bet them crappie are in the cuts and small creeks leading into the river. or them oxbows them southern guys are always talkin about, later

Post Thanks / Like

went to the rock 2 weekends ago and got SKUNKED for crappie. wish i would have scooted over to tanneycomo and caught some trout!

don't let me discourage you though, it was more of a family event in the pontoon boat, but still got to dip several trees.

i am still amazed at how deep that lake gets in the middle!
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Camo, I was amazed by how deep that lake is. I've only been on it once in my "big" boat, not the fishing boat. It only has readout for a depth finder and I thought oh, it's only 17.2 feet deep. No, there was no decimal point. It was reading 172 feet deep. Blew my mind.
    Thump, Set the Hook!

Post Thanks / Like

been a long time since i been there but you may want to check the bridge pier's on the hwy 86 bridge and useing your electronics and check out the cut on the north west side of that same bridge to just past the bridge on the right hand side,,,,,,like i said been a long time but u never know
    good luck
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

We Bass Table Rock But Never Crappie. Could Give You Some Tip For Night Fishing. That What We Do All Year Long On Tablerock.

Pm Me Before Y0u Go. I'll Try And Give You Some Night Time Fishing Spots.