Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sonar (fishfinder,depthfinder) question?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sonar (fishfinder,depthfinder) question?

Anyone own a color sonar? I gonna get me one in a couple of days. Would appreciate input.

I am really impressed with my new 276C GPS. The colors of the 276C are great! I need to update my old sonar, so I thought I would go with color. Need some input here.

Thanks,

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I got a x100c a few weeks ago from Cabela's at a discount because it's last years model. It was replaced by the x102c and is at a sale price because of that. You can compare them at Lowrance web site, but the main difference is the pixel count. However I do also have a LMS480 on my console so this is mainly for the front or if I have trouble with the 480 I can put it on the console, but it does not have the GPS like the 480. Here is a link if you are interested and I got the $379 unit.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...392&id=0023366

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a Lowrance X67c unit to replace the cheap X37 that came with my new boat since it was plug compatable with the transducer already installed. It is a great little unit. The colors make it much easier to read and interpret the display. Now that I've seen what a color unit can do, I'll never go back to grayscale.

The X102c looks like it may be a nice mid-range unit. I plan to add a sonar to the bow in the next few months and it is a leading candidate if I go without a combo unit.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Lowrance 332c, and I love the color display. This model is also a gps, using color mapping is the best you can see the bank and contours alot better than greyscale. I have a matrix 37 on my trolling motor, I sure wished it was color. It does help alot determining what is being displayed.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys perfere the 20 or 60 degree transducers?
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up lowrance....

..as well, got the LCX-19c..from JollyAnn marine sales.......discontinued model this spring....graph,flasher,gps all in one unit..got the `Bruce Sampson DVD--"your lowrance"..with it.........my take on dvd---don't pay extra for it unless you're a novice on finders.......back to 19c..excellent unit 7" diag screen.....newer unit have bigger screen..but pixels per inch is highest on lcx-19c...I did the math...best resolution.....color is great even in sun...got dual freq transducer for salt water and tracking downrigger balls in fresh....easy to switch between the two....will never go back to gray......all I gotta do is figure out all the bells and whistles.. :D
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks guys

I just ordered myself a Lowrance 102C. Pretty good bang for the buck. I saw some nice sonars, but I have grand kids that now use the boat. So, I was somewhat frugal (not that I don't trust the little t*rds). lol
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 09-14-2005 at 11:09 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will really like it!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!