PDA

View Full Version : Sonar (fishfinder,depthfinder) question?

Cane Pole
09-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Anyone own a color sonar? I gonna get me one in a couple of days. Would appreciate input.

I am really impressed with my new 276C GPS. The colors of the 276C are great! I need to update my old sonar, so I thought I would go with color. Need some input here.

Thanks,

Tom

skiptomylu
09-13-2005, 08:13 PM
I got a x100c a few weeks ago from Cabela's at a discount because it's last years model. It was replaced by the x102c and is at a sale price because of that. You can compare them at Lowrance web site, but the main difference is the pixel count. However I do also have a LMS480 on my console so this is mainly for the front or if I have trouble with the 480 I can put it on the console, but it does not have the GPS like the 480. Here is a link if you are interested and I got the $379 unit.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21276&rid=&indexId=cat21392&navAction=push&navCount=1&parentType=index&parentId=cat21392&id=0023366

PanMan_VA
09-14-2005, 03:54 AM
I just bought a Lowrance X67c unit to replace the cheap X37 that came with my new boat since it was plug compatable with the transducer already installed. It is a great little unit. The colors make it much easier to read and interpret the display. Now that I've seen what a color unit can do, I'll never go back to grayscale.

The X102c looks like it may be a nice mid-range unit. I plan to add a sonar to the bow in the next few months and it is a leading candidate if I go without a combo unit.

TAE73
09-14-2005, 04:55 AM
I have a Lowrance 332c, and I love the color display. This model is also a gps, using color mapping is the best you can see the bank and contours alot better than greyscale. I have a matrix 37 on my trolling motor, I sure wished it was color. It does help alot determining what is being displayed.

jfraley
09-14-2005, 08:39 AM
Do you guys perfere the 20 or 60 degree transducers?

KARL
09-14-2005, 08:57 AM
..as well, got the LCX-19c..from JollyAnn marine sales.......discontinued model this spring....graph,flasher,gps all in one unit..got the `Bruce Sampson DVD--"your lowrance"..with it.........my take on dvd---don't pay extra for it unless you're a novice on finders.......back to 19c..excellent unit 7" diag screen.....newer unit have bigger screen..but pixels per inch is highest on lcx-19c...I did the math...best resolution.....color is great even in sun...got dual freq transducer for salt water and tracking downrigger balls in fresh....easy to switch between the two....will never go back to gray......all I gotta do is figure out all the bells and whistles.. :D

Cane Pole
09-14-2005, 04:31 PM
I just ordered myself a Lowrance 102C. Pretty good bang for the buck. I saw some nice sonars, but I have grand kids that now use the boat. So, I was somewhat frugal (not that I don't trust the little t*rds). lol

skiptomylu
09-14-2005, 05:55 PM
I think you will really like it!