Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BnM Pole Problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default BnM Pole Problem

Are any of yall having problems with your BnM poles breaking with hardly any presser on them?, I've had 2 break with very light presser on them.
    I've been using Wally Marshall poles the last few years, and this year I bought
    9 BnM poles from Monk's site. My BnM's seem so brittle compared to the Wally Marshall poles, I may have to go back with the Wally Marshall.

crappie cowboy
    Last edited by crappie cowboy; 06-17-2009 at 12:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

ive had the same problem with my bnm jig poles i have to buy a new tip for them every year. they will just snap with very little pressure. i also have the wally marshall tightlines and run 5oz weights on them and have never broke a tip. and have hooked some big gar on them too. no complaints with the wm poles.

Post Thanks / Like

Default money

if you have the money, buy a kenkor. i have used the same poles for 6 years
    still usin them

Post Thanks / Like

That stinks huh. Those BnM poles arent exactly cheap either. Theyre bout 45 bucks here in central Arkansas. With that luck matbe you should go back to WM rods. How much do they typically run ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Had great luck with the cranking pole

caught SEVERAL stripers and a 17 1/2 pound drum in the last couple weeks and had no problems
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Bought a Super Sensitive Sam Heaton couple of years ago @BPS in Memphis. Put a jig on it dropped it in, about 11-12 " crappie hit it , set the hook snapped in half. Took it back, gave another one, 8" crappie hit, set hook same thing same place, took it back, told'em I never wanted to see another one. Been using Richard Williams poles, before BM bought him out, no problems, hope RW doen't let BM change his poles

Post Thanks / Like

I've have the Richard Williams Crappie Wizards (bought before he sold to BM) and The Wally Marshall and they are tough and I've caught some big cats on both and NO BREAKS
    And I wouldn't take new price for my crappie wizard rods

I decided to try a B&M about the third trip it broke off. Snagged a stump and only had 6 lb test on it.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

I have 16 WM Pro series and signature series that I have had for 3 yrs. Trouble free.

Post Thanks / Like

Folks listen, I have been using BnM Poles for 25 years I still have some that old ready to fish right now. I am sure that if you give BnM the chance to see if they can make it right they will. Jack stands behind what he makes bottom line. I have had problems with all brand name poles, some my fault, some not, but I still have and fish my BnMs.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Call BnM

If you have trouble with BnM poles just call them state your problem and they will fix it for you.

I know from selling (Wholesale distribution) that all of them have problems at one time or another .... most of the time it will be a bad run of poles and several cases of the same size poles will have a problem ... I have sold BnM and others as well as we were the importer and distributor of the Bruin Silver Bream Poles, Red Holland Poles, and Crappie Magic (these were ... to the best of my knowladge .. the first of the Crappie Poles ... 1980's).

We were having a series of bait casting rods breakinig in the same place .. came to be that at the plant in Japan that they were made like 4 stories up and they had made a Plywood "chute" that was stuck out the window and the cases were "launched" down the chute .... to steep of an angle and the shock was causing the rods to break when used in the same spot ...

Never a dull moment in the Pole - Rod business.
    If the maker will not back them up .. I would not buy them .. but in all fairness give them a chance.

My 2 cents worth.

Hope that helps

JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast