Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: radio info

Post Thanks / Like

Default radio info

going to put a am/fm /weather radio in a lowe stinger 175. got the radio but the hole to install is to big. does any one know how to do it???? hate to take it to dealer $$$$$
    any ideas would be helpful

thanks
    GRAND KIDS 4 IS ALL YOU NEED

Post Thanks / Like

Default auto parts store

You might try one i know they have plates that change hole size on vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

How about getting a piece of material, plastic, aluminum, wood, to cover the existing hole and cover the hole from the back side? Then cut that piece to the dimensions you need for your radio. Needs to be pretty solid when installed.

In the 70's friend put a radio in his Terry bass boat. We were on Stockton, hotter than blue blazes dead of summer and decided to take a swim. Was surprised by how clearly you could hear the radio under water, but then again those old boats were built like an egg shell too. But ever since I've been less enthusiastic about using a radio when fishing. Sure you will find many folks that will say its not a problem and they may very well be correct. Just know that whatever impacts my confidence I don't want to deal with while fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Cliff- I have a lowe and bought one of those weather proof covers and radio fastened to it and then installed in big hole in dash....fit perfect!!
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

b

will try and find 1

thanks
    GRAND KIDS 4 IS ALL YOU NEED