Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 6/16/09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 6/16/09

Here's the Tuesday night report from Smithville. Was a little picky tonight and thru back anything under 10". Caught my limit in a little under 4 hours. Will try to post pictures tomorrow. Would like to say that I caught all of the fish between 10-20 FOW, but I just dipped where the dogs said to dip. Good at pointing, not so good at retrieving in the water. Most were caught in 10-15 FOW and 5-8 feet down. Biggest was a touch under 13" and most were in the 11.5"+ range. Fishing should stay good until they start releasing water.

Birddogs54
    2005 Ranger 519 Yamaha 200

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day on the lake. You sure did have a nice weather. I fished Smithville Monday. Caught fish in your area 10-15' with fish hovering 2-4' from the bottom. I fished the large cove next to Trimble the one with the island. Where were you fishing at?
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm futher up the arm than you. Closer to the Lynn and Roberts arm. Weather was perfect! Bet I thru back a dozen fish that were under 10", but legal.

Birddogs54

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birddogs54 View Post
    I'm futher up the arm than you. Closer to the Lynn and Roberts arm. Weather was perfect! Bet I thru back a dozen fish that were under 10", but legal.
    Yeah me too. The fish this year are a lot larger than previous years. I've not kept fish less than 12". Caught a lot of 10"+. Have you fished the Camp Branch side of Smithville?
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birddogs54 View Post
    You were flat wearing them out last night. Next time put a dam shirt on!!!
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a picture of the catch. Hope to duplicate tonight with a couple of buddies going with me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Birddogs54

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    You were flat wearing them out last night. Next time put a dam shirt on!!!
    Was that you in the gray Xpress? You should have stopped by.

Birddogs54

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apkape View Post
    Yeah me too. The fish this year are a lot larger than previous years. I've not kept fish less than 12". Caught a lot of 10"+. Have you fished the Camp Branch side of Smithville?
    I fished it earlier in the spring and did good, just doing better right now up the platte arm. I've got a couple of spots on the map that have peaked my interest (when I'm by my self). Buddies get bored to easy.

Birddogs54

Post Thanks / Like

Fished today , fishing a little harded today for me keep 10 nice fish all over 11 inches. I fished camp branch to start couldnt find fish went over above W did well there. Someone tell me please I just started long poleing lost about 6 keepers right on top Am I doing something wrong. Maybe how im setting the hook. thanks Dave
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of fish congrats.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast