Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proff Is In The Livewell

Post Thanks / Like

Default Proff Is In The Livewell

Many Of U Know Old Ron And I Fish Together And This Year I Have Been Using Black/chartuse While Ron Will Use Orange/chartuse Or White/chartuse, But Then We Have This Other Brother N Law That Goes With Us Sometime, And He Uses ,,,, Well First He Never Paints His Lead Heads, He Uses White With A Clear Flake Tail And If We Didn't Azz End Him A Lot I Think He Might Put It On Us And He Uses It Year Round, Clear Water, Murky Water....... So When Color Comes In Your Mind..... Use What U Like Be It Polka Dot Or Whatever....... I Know I Have Had To Add The White To My Aresnal, Now I Have 3 Colors, Plus I Like Purple/chartuse........
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:26 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

just 3 colors? sometimes when i look at all the colors i have, i ask myself how long it would take to try them all on a slow day :-)

black, chart, orange, and white always seem to be a part of what they are hitting on when i'm out. some of the other random colors i have do produce very well on occasion though.

how many more days till you get to fish OSS???
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Sure Hope To Hit

The Water Thursday Am........ Just Gotta Talk To The Doc......... Hope He Understands The Therphy I Am Needing............
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Blk/Chart. my favorite year round also. But I'm pretty easily swayed....If the other guy is catching.....I'M CHANGING!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

we're all pulling for ya for this thursday OSS!!!

and i'm with FROSTY, whatever works will easily override my stubbornness! i ain't too proud to say "HEY, TOSS ME ONE OF THOSE"

Post Thanks / Like

There was a previous blog on colors and jigs. There was a very distinctive patter of colors people used. Most popular colors seemed to be chartreuse, black, green, red, orange, white, and a few others. I downsized my tackle box and got rid of the clutter that I didn't use.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

I am more often than not a blk/char guy. However, when Truman is a bit clearer I do very well on blue and white.

Post Thanks / Like

i've had some good days with blue and silver/glitter tail. so many choices. i tried to downsize the tack bag, and it keeps getting bigger... haha

Post Thanks / Like

my wife would kill me if I throw out the colors I dont use. Every color is her favorite trouble is she catches fish on them.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default I do allot of experimenting

Ever since that "Kind man" sent me that package of various color combinations ranging the entire rainbow, I have been doing allot of experimenting. I had never used (or seen for that matter) the clear-ish colors with speckles and stuff, but I had tried with no luck on my typical choices and threw some different ones, clear, white, pearl (all solid colors) and started to catch some. I don't keep a log but I really try to remember the conditions I used them in for the future.
    Just my $.20 (my winded version of $.02:D )
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast