Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a Gripe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got a Gripe

When I pulled my boat in at the dock yesterday, a guy was pulling his boat in on the dock next to mine. He had a large Ranger with a bunch of advertisements on it (pro, not sure). So I asked him how he did today. He said good then turned and proceeded to walk to his truck. Not, good I caught X number of fish. Not, I did good how did you do? Just good and walked off. Maybe it’s me, but I’ve gotten the same response from other guys like him. I’m a pretty friendly guy that likes to talk to people, but I got to say that I find myself kind of avoiding these guys. Anyone else get the pro shrug-off?
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Default U Need To Seek Out Us Old Timers

Or Someone With A Cdc Sticker, Heck Man I Shoot The S^(&& With Anyone....... They Are Out There I Just Try To Avoid The Big Stupid Sob's.......... Probably Can't Even Spell Bass Much Less The Azz That They Are......... Come On Over I'll Talk U R Butt Off......... And Beagle Will Be Right Behind Me When I Am Done He Will Take Over........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Alex, I could not agree more. Years ago I used to fish Rogers tuesday evening tournaments, just to have fun, and could not care less weather I caught anything or not, just loved being out on the water. Quite a few however thought they were Kevin Van Dam or Bill Dance. Very stuck up and not friendly at all. My message is two fold. If you are REALLY that good, how come you dont do it for a living, and two B**W ME! Its time on the water having fun. Funny how some lose sight of that isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

It's not just the pro's. I've experienced it with the younger guys whose trucks and boats cost more than my house. They just aint got time for us, they gotta go make more money to pay those payments I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't happen very often.....But once in a while you run on to one of those Guys. If they want to be like that, no skin off my back. Don't give it a second thought. 99 nice fishermen ahead.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I dont even try to talk to those guys. My experience is most all of them are a bunch of horses asses.

Besides....anybody that openly admits to fishing for a worthless green carp aint worth gettin all worked up over.

If it aint a crappie....it aint a fish in my book.

THAT GOES FOR YOU Dadakota!!!!!!:D
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll agree with you. Granted, I'm running around in a bass boat. And my truck has the big logo in the back window. However, if you say "Hi" to me, you better be ready to talk, 'cause you're going to get the questions. "How'd ya do?, What were they on?, Where were they at? From 'round here?" You guys know how it goes. Those other guys... give them a strange look and talk to the other guy, he's got a better story anyway.

The one that really gets me is the guy at the cleaning station that won't talk. I'm sitting there talking to about 3 guys and there is the one guy that's got more fish than anyone else but won't speak to you. Can't get too mad, but at least acknowledge and rub it in my face that you know where they are at!
    Cameron Denison - St. Charles, MO
    Mississippi River Pool 26 | Mark Twain Lake
    White/Black Skeeter and I talk to everyone.
    Thump, Set the Hook!

Post Thanks / Like

I caint stand people like that. There usually the ones that are grade a idiots out on the water trying to run you over to there next spot.Thats one reason i like fishing the south end of stockton about everyone i have met at the ramp or talked to out on the water are very nice and usually willing to give a tip or hot spot.Just like the people on this forum.I really just started targeting crappie this year and the information i have gotten from the people on here has probably saved me a year or two of just learnig it on my own.So thanks to everyone on here and the good people you meet on the lake!

Post Thanks / Like

same for me. i've hit up a great spot with a quick limit only to find a few shorts there the next weekend, so i'll gladly give up some details to the next guy. heck, i'd rather find new fish than always have one good spot anyways. but i like to help how i can whenever i can. gotta keep in mind that folks that are not polite like to fish too, unfortunately...

i would say that most folks on here like to chat about fishing anyways, after all, this is a crappie chat room :-)
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

ya'll ought to be at the coffee shop where I go, walk in say Howdy, they look out the window, hows it going. they look down at the table, or sip there coffee. now these are people that only fish for a certian type of fish. I have seen some of the same guys on the water and it is not any better, I just dont get it, I can talk to a total stranger and get more conservation going than I can from these folks. I just dont get it they are so differrent than most fishermen I talk to. I remember the day I met Frosty and Nitro, out on toronto lake fishing, two guys come close to me in there boat, we say howdy. then they say something related to crappie dot com. I answer back and bang new friends, told them where and how I and anybody else that I talked to was catching fish, they tried it and they were happy, been fishing with them ever since. ran into Harryvetch out there one day also. he and I exchanged Ideas on the lake and he goes up in manns cove and runs into BALLER AND SLAYER, and starts telling about this guy he just talked to , friendly guy says vetch, baller said well that was ole beagle, what can I say crappie fisher people are just different. in a good way

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast