Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tore um Saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tore um Saturday

Well they began bring Ross Barnett down to winter pool early due to Katrina. Wanted to give people time to repair their piers that got messed up. Anyway the current going through the lake and the cooler water from the river have caused the crappie to go to the ledges and gorge themselves on shad. Found a ledge that was loaded Saturday morning and 2 of us caught 60 or so and kept 40 SLABS! We were trolling 4 poles with 3 hooks per pole using minnows. Coll weather move in and it will be on!
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Slab
    Well they began bring Ross Barnett down to winter pool early due to Katrina. Wanted to give people time to repair their piers that got messed up. Anyway the current going through the lake and the cooler water from the river have caused the crappie to go to the ledges and gorge themselves on shad. Found a ledge that was loaded Saturday morning and 2 of us caught 60 or so and kept 40 SLABS! We were trolling 4 poles with 3 hooks per pole using minnows. Coll weather move in and it will be on!

Ok, I have a question But first, let me allow my daughter to insert a couple more smilies... :p :o ...OK, she's done, here's my question.

How did you rig multiple hooks (rigs?) on a single pole. Did you just use a dropper loop or some other means. I will only be able to run 4-5 poles on my boat so I thought multiple hooks might be worth considering.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Slab;;; Show some pic's man It's been so long since I've seen or been fishing, I forgot what I'm suppose to look for.

Post Thanks / Like

CrappieLips - One of these days I will get a digital camera so I can put some pictures on the site!

Slabbatical - I tie up leaders using 12 lb line and just make loop about 4-6" long. I tie the loop knot 3 times seems to hold better. Then thread the loop through the hook eye than pull the hook through the loop. That way I can change hooks if it gets bent or may want to try a colored hook.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB