Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two days and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two days and counting!

I'll be heading your way Wednesday early AM and cant wait to see my Dad and fishing. Whats the weather and fishing reports for Truman and LO near Warsaw for the rest of this week and weekend? I'll be driving a white F150 pulling a green and gold Ranger 519 with Iowa plates (sorry). Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just a Kansas boy but I can tell you there is a butt load of water headed towards
    truman as we speak. As far as the bite goes I don't fish
    truman or loz hardly at all. I hope your trip goes well though.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a Truman regular but there is going to be some high water on a positive note high water does not seem to effect Truman as much as other lakes. Fish Trees (cedar, hedge, hardwoods) with a 10' rod (dipping) start with a orange head, black/chart at around 10 feet deep and adjust as needed. With all the high water you may want to try the slack water of the dam. I have no idea if it is good this time of year but with the water that should be being released it maybe worth a try. I am sure some of the regulars with jump in and help you out. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

News said LOZ had 5" of rain.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, lot's of rain recently. Now comes the HEAT. 90's next few days and storms on Friday. That's about all I know. I haven't been to Truman for a few weeks now, trying to work on this damn golf game. You'll get plenty of help here shortly, but I don't think you can go wrong in 20' of water 10' down or so around some wood around mouths of coves.

Good luck to you, there has been good fishing on Truman this year!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I'm here outside Warsaw at the folk's and we plan on heading out in the morning. Wish me luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to ya, you better get at em early as it looks like it will be HOT. It has been amazingly cool so far this year it seems.

Hope you get on 'em and be sure to let us know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CallWhy816 View Post
    Good luck to ya, you better get at em early as it looks like it will be HOT. It has been amazingly cool so far this year it seems.

Hope you get on 'em and be sure to let us know.
    You know, even in Iowa it has been cold. When I left there this morning it was barely 60 degrees. When I pulled into Warsaw, 92 degrees. My fat body cant take it. LOL You all sure live in heaven, I love it here!

Post Thanks / Like

good luck ranger hope you slay them, and have a good day with your dad, catching fish would be the bonus,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ranger519 View Post
    I'll be heading your way Wednesday early AM and cant wait to see my Dad and fishing. Whats the weather and fishing reports for Truman and LO near Warsaw for the rest of this week and weekend? I'll be driving a white F150 pulling a green and gold Ranger 519 with Iowa plates (sorry). Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    Lots and lots of water. If you get a chance you might want to consider stopping by Smithville Lake. Fishing's been really good!

Birddogs54
    2005 Ranger 519 Yamaha 200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast