Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slip Bobber setup #2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slip Bobber setup #2

The Reason I am posting this Post I have a couple pictures I would like to show you guys that don't know how to setup a slip bobber setup Yesterday I drewup a picture that I have been using for years. Scroll down until you come to Slip Bobber Setup. Crappiepappy has explained the setup better than I can please read his post. If you learn to use this set up you can use it for salmon and steehead. The picture is a Steelhead 41inches. long and weighed 23 &1/2 lbs. I know this is for crappie only but I would hope some one out there will get some use out of it.

A closer viw of setup
    Last edited by Ken Jones; 06-14-2009 at 10:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting.

Could you go into more detail about the set-up?
    How many different parts, what are they, and how is it fished?
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hanr3 View Post
    Thanks for posting.

Could you go into more detail about the set-up?
    How many different parts, what are they, and how is it fished?
    Hanr3- This is for you. Above the Bobber setup is a orange line with a slip knot. The purpose for a slip knot you can set it at a depth fish are traveling at. I fish rivers which has a current flowing. In picture there is a small bead on top of a yellow corky. Little bead will stop at slipknot. Corky use when you cast out the corky should be riding on top of bobber. I f it isn,t the jig isn.t in the strike zone. Retrieve and cast out again. Corky has to big of a hole in it and will slide over slipknot. Bead has a small hole. Then you have the bobber. Below bobber is a ounce of lead. That verys I use 1/2once up to 1 & 1/8oz slip lead. For long distance casting I use heavy weight, short distance I use lighter weight. Current flow determines the amount of weight I use. Below the lead is a piece of plastic tubing to keep lead from slamming down on barrel swivel knot. You could use a smaller corky there or a bead. From the barrel swivel down I tie on a three foot leader. My main line is 14lbs and my leader line to jig is 12lbs. The reason for this if your jig gets hungup the twelve pound will break you hope, before the 14lb. I hope tis helps. I fish from shore and out of a boat with this method. I some times drift fish and back troll with lures.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, I didn't notice some of the things you mentioned. Like I never would have guessed you have plastic btetween weight and swivel.

I take it the weight is to slow/stop the current from pulling the rig downstream. Plus with that kind of weight I can see why you need more float to balance the load per say. Been a long time since I fished rivers, not since I was 10 or so in the Rocky Mountains.

Thanks for posting.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!