Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spro BBZ-1 swimbait and crappie - pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spro BBZ-1 swimbait and crappie - pics

I was throwing a 4 inch Spro BBZ-1 for the first time tonight and on the second cast a 14 inch black crappie bumped it within view, missed, I didn't set the hook and then it inhaled it. I was thrilled, both because I have been interested to see if crappie would hit it and it was the nicest crappie I have gotten this year in NY. I'm going to be at this lake all week next week with my family and I'm gonna wear the lake out. Unfortunately, 5 casts later my line looped around one of my eyes and I launched the lure out into the middle of the lake. Ouch, $20 lure to the bottom 30 feet down. I'm gonna have to order a couple more before the trip. GRR.

Some of you who live in mega crappie territory should seriously look into these new small swimbaits. They are the most lifelike lure I have ever used. Here are a couple pics.

Last edited by GRIZZ; 06-17-2009 at 08:03 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch and a nice bait. I looked it up on Cabelas but was stunned to see 19.95 for 1 bait. Wow, I can fish months use jigs for that kind of money. That must be some super-duper large bass bait or something. It is a great looking bait and they seem to be very proud of it, 20 dollars proud. I would fish that thing with fifty pound plus braid or something. All I can say is wow.

"gene"

"G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

congrats, nice catch
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PawPaw "gene" View Post
    Nice catch and a nice bait. I looked it up on Cabelas but was stunned to see 19.95 for 1 bait. Wow, I can fish months use jigs for that kind of money. That must be some super-duper large bass bait or something. It is a great looking bait and they seem to be very proud of it, 20 dollars proud. I would fish that thing with fifty pound plus braid or something. All I can say is wow.

"gene"

And dont forget the plug knocker too.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Man that's awful steep if you were to lose a few of those. But really nice crappie you caught

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

nice bait, unbelievable action in the water, I have the floater version. but they have 3 other versions as well.Spro BBZ-1 Shad

Post Thanks / Like

What was cool was seeing the crappie hit it twice, then just engulfing it while I watched, and yeah its $20 bucks but what the heck. If I can get some more fish like that or bigger using that lure, I'll gladly plunk down $100 for a few more and some heavier line than I normally use. The lure is a total blast to fish. Just seeing it in the water is fascinating. I'm pretty sure its going to be my bait of the year. I'll just have to order some 10 or 12 lb Gamma and fill one of my extra spools with it, so the cast off doesn't happen again. Made a good story anyways.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 06-14-2009 at 04:47 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

With that being your largest fish , seems only right that it coat $20.00. Nice looking fish anyway. Big bait big fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Academy offers a swimbait that is their brand and in store only for $7.99. Good find compared to the $20 swimbaits.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno know...$20 a lb?!? Well, I probably spend way more than that on my fishing.:o:D I do like the swimbaits but cannot/will not spend that kind of money on 1 lure. Just too expensive for my blood!:p
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast