Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Panama City

Post Thanks / Like

Default Panama City

I'm going to be in Panama City June 18 to July 3 and would like to do some fishing in the surf. Anybody got any suggestions what to fish for and how?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Surf PC

Hi

You can take a 3/8 or 5/8 jig and catch most anything that swims by .. Pompano, Hard Tails, Skip Jack, maybe a Spanish or Flounder.

If you don't want to do all that casting ... 1 or 2 oz Pyramid Sinker #1 -- 85 Eagle Claw Hook .... frozen shrimp (or cut bait) send it on a long cast, put your rod in a sand spike .. sit back and let it soak til something comes along.

Next choice is to go to PC Beach Pier using the jigs ... and see what the regulars are using and watch what they are doing ... you can catch a larger varitey ..

Stop in one of the tackle shops and ask a few questions ... on Thomas Drive you will find Half Hitch .. most of the others are in down Town PC.

Hope that helps a little and have a good trip.

JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply JSC. Is there any kind or particular color jig that is better than the others? I have a rake for sand fleas. I haven't used it in Panama City so I don't know if it will be hard or easy to find them. Not too hard further South around Clearwater. Kids think it's fun and I like the free bait. Which tide do you find best (high, low, incoming or outgoing)?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hogdawg View Post
    Thanks for the reply JSC. Is there any kind or particular color jig that is better than the others? I have a rake for sand fleas. I haven't used it in Panama City so I don't know if it will be hard or easy to find them. Not too hard further South around Clearwater. Kids think it's fun and I like the free bait. Which tide do you find best (high, low, incoming or outgoing)?
    Jig Colors .. Yellow For Pompano and General stuff .. White for Spainish.

Use your rake they are not to hard to get.

Tide .. as long as it is MOVEING ....

Have a good one.

JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee