Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sunday Talala

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Talala

Hit the water around 8, caught about 40, kept about 22. Fish seeming to get bigger on average.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper
    Hit the water around 8, caught about 40, kept about 22. Fish seeming to get bigger on average.
    Reaper
    What size jig and color were you using today. It wasn't orange and black was it??

Post Thanks / Like

1/32 oz , and 1/64th oz, Best color of the day was Char/Orange/Char, Never stuck the Orange and black on. Plain jigs are still slow on Oologah, all were tipped with live or dead minnow. But, anything with orange seemed to draw more hits. Orange is now a must on most jigs that I tie. It has been a hot color most everytime I have been out. Most fish came in morning, about 4-6' off deep brush or big ass boulder I fish over in 22' of water. First fish was about 14", thought I was in for a good day, around 1 this afternoon, slow trolling working a point, went right through a school and had fish on 4 rods at once. It was crazy. I don't have rod holders and I was scrambling like a pro. I took one of the twins with me, and gave her a rod to reel in. She brought in one around 1lb, two others in that group went around 3/4, last one was barely big enough to keep. Daughter got sick, loaded boat, took her home, went back and the bite was purt near gone. Jetskis invaded area, was hard to fish with all the traffic. Went back into the creek to hit my regular trees. Caught a few more. I bet I saw at least 75 schools of shad working the surface. This probably explains why plain jig is such a tough job. They should start hitting plain jig after the water cools down some more and the shad go back deep. But, with all the shad working the coves right now, I think the Crappie will soon be moving into their fall pattern. If anyone hasn't noticed, it seems a bit cooler so far compared to other early/mid Septembers. Usually so dang hot, low wind and dog days. But, to me, it seems cooler than normal earlier.
    Last edited by Crappie Reaper; 09-11-2005 at 07:46 PM.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry