Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slip Bobber Setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slip Bobber Setup

Well guys this is the way I setup my slip bobber. I can fish 2foot to 20 foot wth this setup.

I'm not a Artist, this may help someone out their. Ken

Post Thanks / Like

What is a corky and what is it used for? EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

What is the advantage of this over a simple slip knot and slip bobber.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Jones View Post
    Well guys this is the way I setup my slip bobber. I can fish 2foot to 20 foot wth this setup.

I use a slip float rig quite a bit of the time when I fish for Walleye. I see no reason to use a corky, (whatever that is) or the slip weight, (I use a crimp on weight-cheaper), or the barrel swivel. It is just that much more tackle that you would loose when, and if you hang-up. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Never met a Mr Corky??, but yes I can see the swivel as many of those crimp on weight with big ear do cause your jig to spin & spin & spin in circles. I always believe this spinning does not attract fish. I am sure its just a paper error in drawing not trying to be picky but drawing of bullet weight shows it on backwards--causing hang ups. Thanks for the drawing better than I can draw..:D
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    What is a corky and what is it used for? EB
    I use a corky as a strike indicater when I fly fish in rivers. A corky is a styrofoam float. Buy them BB size up to as large as a quarter. Bright colors to be seen at a distance. Out here in the west we use them all the time. I will post a colored picture on my next post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by limbhook View Post
    What is the advantage of this over a simple slip knot and slip bobber.
    To make sure my bait is down at the depth that I have set it at. IT POPS UP ON TOP of my bobber.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsprat View Post
    Never met a Mr Corky??, but yes I can see the swivel as many of those crimp on weight with big ear do cause your jig to spin & spin & spin in circles. I always believe this spinning does not attract fish. I am sure its just a paper error in drawing not trying to be picky but drawing of bullet weight shows it on backwards--causing hang ups. Thanks for the drawing better than I can draw..:D
    I guess I have been doing this wrong for over 50 years. Have caught over 200 crappie this year. Have fished at least 2 days a month this year some times over nighters. I know I can't draw. Some times where the swivel is I smash on a number 7 lead and use it as a bobber stopper.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bobber Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Jones View Post

I use a slip bobber in different setup than yours. I take the stem out of the slip bobber, run my line thur the bobber then set the depth I want to fish by putting the stem back in place. This setup works good for me when I jig fish for crappie. I also use #4 split shot to make sure my jig gets to depth I want fast, I also use a loop knot to tie on my jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsprat View Post
    I am sure its just a paper error in drawing not trying to be picky but drawing of bullet weight shows it on backwards--causing hang ups.
    I use a very small bullet weight above my jig and crimp it "upside down" to block my line, jig eye, or knots from getting stuck in the bottom of the slip bobber. By using a very small bullet weight, it does not cause any hang ups. I use one any time I am using a light jig, with a small slip bobber. I've never had the need for it when using something with a bit more weight to it.

So there is reason to the insanity....
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast