Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to nibble or not to nibble

Post Thanks / Like

Default to nibble or not to nibble

Okay, only one person has had a positive experience with the gulp alive so far. I noticed several that like the nibbles.

The first time I tried my hand a dipping jigs with a long rod about 5 years ago I watched a boat using minnows pull in two fish to my one on a Saturday in June. I was still catching plenty of fish but I really didn't like watching them put it to the fish at twice my pace. I had a jar of nibbles in the boat that I was less then impressed with but what the heck. It seemed like that was the trick soooo...
    on Sunday I bought my last minnows to date and fished half the time with each. I never bought minnows again so that should say something. I now inject the nibbles into the tube if I use nibbles.

I think for the spawn and for winter fishing it makes almost no differnce. In the summer as the water warms I do think there are days it helps.

What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

We use nibs year round.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a jar that I left out in the back of the truck and the rain got through the tackle box and into the jar with the lid on it. I decided to try my syringe (I get them at Orchelns in the animal supply dept.) with the creamy paste that the nibbles dissolved into. It worked great, at first it was too soft and just washed out of the tube after a few casts, so I left the jar open for a while and mixed it up as it thickened and I worked great. Plain nibbles work with the syringe but you need to push really hard to get them through, that is where the Bait pump would be ideal.
    I find I have really good luck when the bite is slow, I'll load up the tube and it seems to make a big difference.
    My $0.02
    Quinn
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

nibble....but which one is the best?

Berkley Gulp! Crappie Nibbles (Cabela's - $6.99 per jar)
    Berkley Sparkle Crappie Nibbles (Cabela's - 1.2-oz - $4.99)
    Berkley® Select Crappie Sparkle Nibbles (Bass Pro -1.2-oz - $4.79)
    Berkley® PowerBait® Crappie Nibbles (Bass Pro - 0.9 oz - $3.49)

Does color make any difference? any color best?

Post Thanks / Like

I use the sparkle side by side they out produced the non sparkle nib. At least that day.

Post Thanks / Like

nibs are good but I prefer Kodiak paste in minnow or wax worm try it but careful in the summer you can over load a tub then no action of the jig...

Post Thanks / Like

i've got some of about all colors in my boat but my experience so far that i haven't been able to tell they make a difference. one time years ago one day i had to have a pink nibble on to get a bite that day,have nevwer been able to tell the difference since.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the green with sparkles, some time the platnum one works best, I always pour mine out on a news paper,let them dry for a few hours, put them back in the jar,and wala, nice dry type nibbles and they stay on the hook better,and can catch two or three fish on one nibble,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    I prefer the green with sparkles, some time the platnum one works best, I always pour mine out on a news paper,let them dry for a few hours, put them back in the jar,and wala, nice dry type nibbles and they stay on the hook better,and can catch two or three fish on one nibble,
    WHAT SIZE HOOK DO YOU USE? #6 OR #8?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast