Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who here is interested in a group discount on the best batteries?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who here is interested in a group discount on the best batteries?

Some of you I feel sure remember my troubles waiting on a battery I bought on line. Well it did come in a little later than it should have, but they did make me an offer that would help anyone here that wants in.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Long story to short to see who is interested and I will post this on another forum also. Maybe I will also post this on other boards here, but probably not and if any of you know anyone on the board that is interested let me know.

Here is the deal....I bought my starting battery from an on line company and they had some trouble with running out of that battery and it took them longer than it should have so I gave them what for.

They came back at me and offered a group discount if I wanted to see if others are interested in Optima Batteries. I make nothing off this and will get my discount next time with or without anyone else.

So what I have decided to do is see what interest there may be here and at another forum so please let me know who is interested and I will then go to the company to see what we have to do so everyone that wants in can get great batteries at a discount.

Are Optima expensive? Yes, but probably about the best you can buy and will last a lot longer than any regular battery you can buy. As far as servicing them, none to do and you couldn't add water if you wanted to and can mount them in most any position you would want.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

how much?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree - what are the details?

UG

Post Thanks / Like

I might be interested if the price is right.

Post Thanks / Like

I will need to find out and would think some of it would be determined how may have interest. I can tell you I paid $199 for my start battery, and the TM batteries are a bit more. I would guess we could get 10% or a little more, but remember we are not talking about regular batteries than you have to change out after a year or two. One of these would last at least two time longer than what you use now instead of the Optima. I have nothing to gain from this and am just offering to see what they will do. They did offer this to me as something they offered to me since I was not a happy camper, but I feel suire this will not happen again.

No need to commit your self to anything, but I do need to know how many people would be interested in buying the best battery on the market. One that is not made the same as what you most likely have now. Have had many stories told to me how people had one of these 6 or 7 years and still going strong.

I think Cabela's has them for about $250 each or at least that was what they were last time I checked. You could spend $100 or more several time changing out old dead batteries when this one would still be going strong.

If not interested then fine and I will just take my discount when I need my two TM batteries soon.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

WOW I got my Optima for $179 at the local auto parts store and it is a blue top. DOn't look like you got such a great deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ragfly Jig Man View Post
    WOW I got my Optima for $179 at the local auto parts store and it is a blue top. DOn't look like you got such a great deal.
    You have to look at the numbers and mine is a new model. Plus I got free shipping and the problem I had with them is what made them offer me a discount next time and a discount for others here if they wanted to do a group thing.

There are more than one blue top battery and the lowest cost one is $143.95 so maybe that is what you got and maybe yours is not sure a great deal? I am pretty sure you didn't get the model I did, but that really makes no difference to me. Maybe you should check to see if you paid $35 too much and I bet you had to also give them an old core?

Now if you tell me the model of yours we can talk turkey.

I guess since you decided to step in and question this public instead of through PM I will just end this and not offer it here. After all it has noting to do with me and will not help me at all.

Oh and through my research I think I did get a great deal, no shipping and no need to give them an old battery to not get charged for that too.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Default good deed

skip,

I'm not interested in a battery right now and wish i was, your a great guy trying to help out us crappie guys, good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ready2fish View Post
    skip,

I'm not interested in a battery right now and wish i was, your a great guy trying to help out us crappie guys, good luck
    I would need to ask, but I don't think it's a right now type thing and maybe it would be for when you need some. I am also talking with another web site to see if they are interested and I plan on calling them early next week after the weekend to see what the deal would be and how it would work.

Skip
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 06-12-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Missouri how would I deal with it??? some kind of coupon??? shipping cost how much Just a few questions...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast