Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gulp Vs Jig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gulp Vs Jig

Read Jigs Post On Using Gulps, For Murky Water Or Stained I Use The Black/yellow With A Red Head Jig....for Clearer Water I Am Using Blk/chart. And Orange/chart. This Is The Color We Used In 1991 In A Tournament In July And We Went Up To Tally Bend And Had Over 50 1# Crappie By 9am... This Is No Bs...first Tournament, I Just Quit Fishing And Sat Down And Had A Cup Of Coffee..... Old Peteie And Morgan Came By About 1o That Morning And Knew We Were On Some Good Fish, They Said Your Boat Hadn't Moved 50' All Morning..... Now I Call Bs On What I Was Told By An Old Timer Down There In That Area.. He Said Back In The Early Days A Bunch Of Bumble Bees Got To Stinginy The Crappie On Their Backs When They Were Shallow Trying To Spawn And They Hate That Color..... Still Call Bs On That, But U Know We Would Drop Down By A Old Stump And Wait What Seemed Liked A Minute And Then I Mean The Hardest Hits I Have Ever Had In My Life.... Been Back Several Times, Never Caught More Than One There...... I Still Call Bs On His Theory....
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:26 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

interesting how with the 1000's of different color combo's on the market that it (seems to me) that the same 4 or 5 color combinations work 90% of the time
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default You R Right

We Only Take About 4 Color Combo's With Us On Truman, If They Don't Want Them, We Go Home......... I Used To Have Over 80 Color Combo's Now I Have About 6..........and Could Go Down To 2........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by old fuzzy View Post
    interesting how with the 1000's of different color combo's on the market that it (seems to me) that the same 4 or 5 color combinations work 90% of the time
    I think most of he colors are to attract the angler's money instead of the fish.

There was an interesting blog a while back (http://www.crappie.com/crappie/misso...ig-colors.html) that discussed colors. From that post you can down-size your tackle box to the most popular colors.
    Last edited by APKape; 06-12-2009 at 02:23 PM.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

why to many colors
    i use about 6 or 7