Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gulp Alive???

Post Thanks / Like

Question Gulp Alive???

As my name would indicate I fish all year with various types of jigs. I have had a little trouble the last few weeks getting the number of bites I would like and have read of several people doing better on minnows.

The hype on Gulp Alive is "as good or better then live bait". So far I have about the same success with Alive as I have with other jig bodies.

Is anyone having enough success with the Alive to justify the cost. I am about to buy minnows for the first time in over 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just When I Thought U Were Sane

I Nor My Partner Ever Use Minnows, I Would Stay With The Jigs, Been Working Well For Us For Over 30 Years..... Not That We Haven't Tried A Couple Of Times With Them, But If We Would Buy 3 Doz When The Day Was Done We Would Have 35 Left........ I Kinda Feel If We Can't Catch Them On Jigs We Haven't Done Our Job Of Finding The Right Ones...... U Just Gotta Look For Them Ones Holding Up The Little Sign That Says "jigs Only"...... Just Kidding Go For It, Minnows Were Around Long Before Jigs......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I use jig only. Sometimes plastic grubs with tails.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oss

I agree on the minnows, like I said it has been over 5 years since I bought any.

Last time I went I left my polarized glasses at home and could read the "Jigs only signs" under the water

Post Thanks / Like

Default had the same thought

not too long ago. thread called "artificial minnows". don't think that anyone personally tried for themselves, heard mixed results... id hate to buy them if they don't work, hate buying minnows though too... if u try them let us know how they work?
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

I use only tubes and puddle jumpers. I haven't bought a minnow in 30 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jign4Slabs View Post
    As my name would indicate I fish all year with various types of jigs. I have had a little trouble the last few weeks getting the number of bites I would like and have read of several people doing better on minnows.

The hype on Gulp Alive is "as good or better then live bait". So far I have about the same success with Alive as I have with other jig bodies.

Is anyone having enough success with the Alive to justify the cost. I am about to buy minnows for the first time in over 5 years.

Gulp Alive worked GREAT for me this winter tight lining off the inlaw's dock!
    I tossed every jig at em, and they would only nail the Gulp Alive.

I have been thinking about trying some of their twisty tail grubs for up at smithville

I will say this about minnows, if they work......USE THEM!
    We will buy 6 dozen minnows and take them along when we do our smithville outings, more because some folks we go with do not know how to fish a jig, and also because now you can fish a minnow suspended, and a jig at the same time.

Once we dial in the fish then we stick with the bait that is producing!
    Minnows rarely every out produce jigs, more so bc you can cover a hell of a lot of water with a jig, but every once in awhile the lil slimers do the trick, and they are always good for a cat or 6!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Try tipping your jigs with Crappie Nibbles, works great for me!!! No minnows!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I always buy some minnows to take with me the boy and wife usually use them. There was a couple times early in the spring they outfished jigs.As of lately they havent done much of anything.I always take some with me just in case.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried them didnt like them, i will fish minnows,jigs,grubs,worms,snails what ever catches fish, having said that, I wll say this I mostly 86.349% of the time I fish jigs, with plactic jig body, tipped with a crappie nibble, works for me,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast