Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smack down on slabs with amayfly hatch happening

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smack down on slabs with amayfly hatch happening

An old friend...Kenny and I went out for some walleyes.Hit the lake about 5 and nothing was showing on the electronics.
    I worked this break expecting better but did not hardley mark a fish so I thought to move to another break.
    So we get to the next break in 10-13 fow and I saw a school of fish. After a few light tappity taps I'm thinks crappies. So on one of the trips through the school I had marked a way point on the gps. Now we are back to that way point and there they were.....drop anchors quick I thought.
    I had 6 Grandts with me all done up with THE Jig on the 2 uls and 2 were set for running plastics while trolling and two were set up with slip bobbers.
    I baited up Kenny and got him out there. By the time I could get a ul ready he had the 1 st slab on!

They were coming pretty good as we both went with my two uls and T.H.E. Jig.

They were cookie cutters in that 11" range.Boy did we put the smack down on them.
    There was this fly hatch and soon we started to see them rolling all over the surface.
    Boy did we have a blast.
    It was one of those things that you just ran into be accident ,but we made quick work of filling our limits as 8 bell was approaching and soon after the golden hour for eyes.

Getting ready for eyes!

We had a gas with them too although many good eaters...not much for size except this fellar.
    It was a tad over 18"

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish, better dinner. I caught a mayfly hatch once, a white rooster tail couldn't move 6" without getting hammered. Lasted 3 days, wife was mad by the time it was over. Tight lines.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Great post, thanks for the pictures.
    1967/68

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fishing and great looking fish.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Oh to have been there with a flyrod while they feasting on those big flies. Rarely get crappie on the top, that'd been a hoot. Nice job gettin' into them.

Post Thanks / Like

that's awesome
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great catch Keith.

Thanks for the pics and vid. Love it when it all comes together like that.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Talk about running into to great bite.Went back the next day...wind switched...blew all of the food out and could not touch a one. I was still marking them ,but they had to have been stuffed.

Post Thanks / Like

good fishin, way to go.