Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Nibs Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Nibs Question

Hey All!

I hear a lot about Crappie Nibs, but how do you run them? Just put them on with a jig or what's the trick?

Thanks in advance!
    "Drive it like you stole it"

Post Thanks / Like

when fishing a tube bait, i generally thread it all the way down into the tenticals, so it flares them out, sorta like an umbrella tube. other baits, i'll slide it down to the curve in the hook. Have also left them covering the hook point to make it weedless, worked with sporadic results. Be careful when slipping them on the hook, dont wanna break them, otherwise they fly off.
    Hard to go wrong with chartruse and pink, my 2 must haves.

On a side note, and not to hijack your post, anybody have any druthers on the new "Gulp" nibbles? I have used them, was just curious if what i have found is similar to others findings.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Take a few of them out and let them dry a little before you use them and they will stay on the hook better than straight out of the bottle. Also there is the Bait pump that you can insert them inside the tubes. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I put 'em in a 30 or 60 ml syringe (found at any feed store) and inject them into hollow tube jigs. That way the nibs last ALL DAY.

I always jig w/ nibs. Jus' makes me feel more confident and I really do think they make a difference by providing the aroma the specks like.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

try bait pump or a syringe

Post Thanks / Like

These little dudes work for all sorts of fish. Crappie, bluegills, bass, mountain trout, even works great for speckled trout in saltwater.

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I mostly use nibbles in low vis conditions. One trip they worked excellent. jigged with no results, added nibs and caught fish. Took them off, no fish. Visibility was about 1 foot. Drying works good for me, haven't used pump but like the idea.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using the Gulp Minis right now, they seem to work, a little tougher than Nibbles as well.
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Confused! Are you referring to Crappie Nibblers...shaped like a tiny marshmallow? You inject them into a tube worm???

THanks
    Patti

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Not exactly, Patti ....

Quote Originally Posted by peke View Post
    Confused! Are you referring to Crappie Nibblers...shaped like a tiny marshmallow? You inject them into a tube worm???

THanks
    Patti
    Berkley Crappie Nibbles are the subject .... injecting them into a hollow tube body is what they're referring to, although there are some that inject them into a solid body tube/grub. They don't get much nibble into the solid body plastics, I wouldn't think ... but, enough to give off a little scent trail, or enough "flavor" to cause the fish to hold on a little bit longer, perhaps.

I don't mean to sound unsure, or wishy washy, about this ... it's just that I don't use them, and am just re-telling what I've read.

They are referred to, by different members ... as "nibblers", "nibs", "niblets", "nibbles", etc. .... and come in the shape of a tiny marshmallow. They can be "injected" into the hollow of a tube jig body, by various different means ... the most popular of which is called a Bait Pump. They can also be left out to dry out, a bit, then impaled on the hook. (they're too soft to use straight out of the jar, for this purpose, and don't stay on the hook long/very well)

... cp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast