Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some advice on vertical jigging rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some advice on vertical jigging rods.

Hi guys.

I would like some suggestions on rods. I need a rod to be used for vertical jigging around wood. I have plenty of trolling rods, don't need those.

I have a Huckabee 10' dipping rod. I like it okay, but would like a bit more length and want to buy a 11 footer.

I have a couple of ideas, but I just would like to hear suggestions from you guys. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Winger; 06-10-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: More descriptive title.
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world."
    John Winger

Post Thanks / Like

Get you a 10' BnM brush-cutter these are Bad to the bone I abuse rods 3-4 days a week in heavy wood no problems yet big bass big crappie even catfish that have broke 10 lb. yg6 suffix line rod no problem!
    STICK-A-FORK-IN-ME-IM-DUMBER !
    www.CrazyAnglerTackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wally Marshall - 10' is my favorite for vertical jigging. My 14' rod is too heavy for all-day jigging and way too long when around overhanging limbs.

A 10' rod will allow you to fish all around the trees and stumps and still keep your distance from the fish.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

i like 10' sam heatons. i have some 12' and they get heavy after a while.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorited pole is a ten foot BnM Ultralite. If there's a chance you might need more backbone, you might want a Brushcutter or something like that. I haven't had a chance to use a S. Heaton yet, but have heard good things about them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses, keep em coming.

As far as backbone, strength, sensitivity and so on, the 10' Huckabee rod (Quantum XL Dippin' Stick) is fine and it is also very light for all day fishing comfort.

There are times, though, when I would like that extra foot. The 2 eleven footers I am looking at are the Sam Heaton and the Wally Marshall Signature. Anyone use these specifically? Opinions?

Thanks again.
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world."
    John Winger

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 11ft Wally Marshall signature and it's a good rod,sensitive,alot of backbone,and not to heavy.

Post Thanks / Like

i had a B&M sam heaton super sensitive 10' and the first fish i caught , it snapped in half. took it back to bass pro, they gave me another, same thing, same place on the rod. Couldn't give me another one.
    I now have the Richard Williams 10' ers and have had them for several years, no problems. I have noticed the R Williams brand now has B&M's name on it. Hope they don't mess it up.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always use B&M Crappie Master with guides and handle but I understand that they will not carry it next year. Had some problems but They are being taken care shortly. The eyes would cut the line but I'm in the process of replacing them as B&M is treating me right. I do agree that the Brush cutter is a great rod. i don't have one yet..

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sls View Post
    i had a B&M sam heaton super sensitive 10' and the first fish i caught , it snapped in half. took it back to bass pro, they gave me another, same thing, same place on the rod. Couldn't give me another one.
    I now have the Richard Williams 10' ers and have had them for several years, no problems. I have noticed the R Williams brand now has B&M's name on it. Hope they don't mess it up.
    :D
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast