Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Richard William's rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Richard William's rods

Anyone using Richard's 7'5" 2 pc rod? What do you think of them? At crappiestuff.com it says replacable tips are available. Does that mean repalcing the entire tip section? If so what is the price of the replacement tip?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bart

Hey Bart:

I ordered, received and have been using Richards 7.5ft long graphite rod for about two months now. I found only one small problem with that rod and that was the guide on the very end of the rod. I modified that guide with some JB Weld and fixed the small problem with line catching on the back part of the guides metal brace. Now it works a lot better. I love the rod. I like the size, feel, looks and everthing about the rod. It's easy to cast as the guides are very smooth and large at near the rods' handle and get smaller as you go to the tip. Yes Richard said that he would sell a replacement section. Not sure on the price but I would assume that it won't be much as an entire new rod is less expensive than most other rods on the market that have the same features. Richard's 7.5 ft rod is my go to rod these days and then I like to use my 6ft CAbela's graphite rod too. I fish Richards rod tightling with jigs and a drop shot and have caught a lot of crappie with it this summer. It's very sensitive and I can feel the bit well. As with any graphite rod if you take care of the rod and don't step on it or wack it against something it should last a lifetime. I have owned and fished with Graphite Rods ever since they first came out with them many years ago. I have not broke a graphite rod yet. (Knocks on Wood)
    I store my rods on a Cabelas Oak Wood Round Rod rack when I am not using them. I can store 24 rod on this rack without the reels. I keep the rest of my rods stored standing up in a spare bedroom. The rods that I fish with are stored horizontally on rod holders that are made out of sponge rubber and tied down with webbing and velcro. I try not to let the rod get banged against each other.

I also have a 12ft long BnM Jig Pole that I use. It's harder to use for me as I am used to the shorter rods. It also has the very same type of guide on the tip of the rod that Richards Poles use. I had to modify the guide on my BnM pole too. I covered the braceing with a golb of jb weld and then smoothed the jb weld to make a smooth transition from the rod material itself to the guide. It helps stop the line from getting caught around the back side of the guides bracking when the line gets wrapped around the tip of the rod. Now if the line gets wrapped around the rod's tip I can just hold the rod's tip lower than the handle and wiggle the rod and the line will slip over the guide and off the tip of my rod. I can get back to my fishing much faster these days and when the fish are really biting that means everything to me. There are times when I am catching one crappie right after another and time is fish. At those times I don't want to be having to untangle the line from the end of a 12 ft long rod. My boat is only 16 ft long LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart
    Anyone using Richard's 7'5" 2 pc rod? What do you think of them? At crappiestuff.com it says replacable tips are available. Does that mean repalcing the entire tip section? If so what is the price of the replacement tip?
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, replacement tips are available. They are $8.00 plus shipping. However, the rods are guaranteed for one year. If a tip breaks for some reason, I will replace it at no charge. But if you just want to have an extra tip, I will be happy to sell you one. If you have any questions about the rods or the tips, feel free to contact me at any time. My email address is [email protected] The 7.5 foot poles have been selling very well lately and right now I am out of stock. I still have some 10 foot poles left and have placed an order for more 7.5, 10, and 12 foot poles. They should be in before Christmas.
    Last edited by 1weezer; 09-10-2004 at 05:37 PM. Reason: To add info
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Richard,

Are you going to have any poles and/or tip sections at the TeeZur Tournament? I'd like to get a couple 12-footers or if your tip sections will fit on Hi-Tech poles I would just need a couple tip sections. I've not found a source for tip sections for the Hi-Tech poles.

Have the crappie turned on over there yet? We found a few on some shallower tops today - 9 to 10-feet deep in 12-foot of water so I think they are getting ready. Just need the water temps to drop a few more degrees I think.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies! Sorry to hear you are out of the 7.5's until December Richard. I'll be looking for one then. Any chance of a 1 pc in the future?

Post Thanks / Like

Bart, At this time there are no plans to have a one peice rod. The reason I had these rods made, is so every one would be able to get a good quality rod just like the more expensive ones but at an affordable price. If I had a one peice rod, the shipping on them would go up three times the curent rate because of the size of the shipping box.
    When the next order comes in, there will be 7.5. 10, and 12 foot rods. I will let every one know when they come in.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Larry-Southern Indiana

Richard.....I use 2 ten foot rods of yours every weekend. I think they are a very good rod for the money. Light and pretty sensitive with a 3/8th oz. sinker on the bottom and hooks above. I would recomend them to anyone. I own some of the other name brand rods but these are just as good in my opinion. If I fish over 20' I go back to my salmon steelhead 9' rods. Great backbone with very sensitive tips for deep water. I usually use a 1oz in light wind to a 3oz in very windy conditions. I'll have to check out your 12' rods as I didn't know you offered them.

Larry