CROSMANģ FULL AUTO AK1 The wait for new rods begins | Muck Boots: Free Shipping on orders over $50! The wait for new rods begins | Shop gifts for any angler at Rapala.com! The wait for new rods begins
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: The wait for new rods begins

  1. #21
    RJR is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Eatonton, Georgia
    Posts
    1,598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    Hope the rods are what you are looking for. Great write up on the one you recieved

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Portage Pa
    Posts
    405
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Got Back from my National Guard training today. Had 3 packages waiting for me the Carabus, the Presso 1000, and 2 spare spools for the Presso a 1000 and a 2000. I spooled the 2000 with Varavis Lemoni and the 1000 with Varavis 4lb Twitch Master. Walked across the yard to the pond to play around and relax some.

    The Carabus with a Theta MGX 1000 Spooled with Varavis Lemoni, caught a dozen or so sunfish, mostly dinks from 3 to about 6 inches maybe, fished for about a half hour from 4:30 to 5.
    Name:  20230617_161108.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  185.2 KB

    After supper I went back with the Diawa Air AGS paired with the new presso, started with the twitch master line. Caught more sunfish alittle bigger than in the afternoon mostly around 5 inches and this Crappie probably 9 to 9.5 inches

    Name:  20230617_195531.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  188.4 KB

    Switched the spool over to the 2000 with Lemoni caught more sunfish and 2 more crappier just over 9 inches.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by zekepa; 06-17-2023 at 07:57 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Rutland, OH
    Posts
    28,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Awesomeness! Thanks for sharing
    ďIf your too busy to fish, youíre too busy!Ē Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and ďGĒ approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeumís Jigs Pro
    Staff

    https://heavenornot.net/

  4. #24
    RVG Fishing's Avatar
    RVG Fishing is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nice catches! The AGS Air / Presso is an awesome combo,,, my personal favorite. Congrats on the new toys !

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Location
    Harmony, NC
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I had a mishap with my Presso Air AGS XUL. The spigot joint was a little loose. Not too much but after 20-30 mins of casting I needed to pull the top section down. It just so happened that one fine day I didnít. Set the hook on an average bluegill and heard a crack. Note, I use the reel to set the hook, and donít jerk my arm. Also keep a loose drag. The spigot connection in the top section cracked. I was pretty disappointed but the crack was less than 1.5 cm. So I wrapped it with size A thread and applied finishing epoxy. Works just fine now. Maybe better ?*??

    The fact that Daiwa didnít use thread and finish on the bottom section has made that part of the rod weak and prone to breakage (if the top section slips and sudden pressure is applied on a hook set). Not sure why they did that. I donít see any weight savings by not doing that. All of my other JDM rods have thread and finishing epoxy on the joint (Majorcraft, Tenryu, Abu Garcia, and Yamaga Blanks).

    All said and doneÖ the Presso Air AGs XUL is a phenomenal rod (used ester and PE). Mine is a one piece now because some of the expoxy seeped too deep and bonded with the bottom half. Lol!! The wait for new rods begins

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Georgia; South of the big A
    Posts
    2,321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Very nice ! All the way around, the combos and the fish .
    Way to break them in !
    ď The bigger the Bend , the Wider the Grin ! ď
    Likes dannypeoples LIKED above post

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Location
    Harmony, NC
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The wait for new rods begins

    Quote Originally Posted by zekepa View Post


    The Carabus with a Theta MGX 1000 Spooled with Varavis Lemoni, caught a dozen or so sunfish, mostly dinks from 3 to about 6 inches maybe, fished for about a half hour from 4:30 to 5.
    What do you think about the automatic hooking capability of the Carabus?



    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Portage Pa
    Posts
    405
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannypeoples View Post
    What do you think about the automatic hooking capability of the Carabus?

    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    I need to get more time with the Carabus, from the little bit of time I have used it I like the rod. It did seem like I had more hookups with the Carabus than the Air AGS yesterday. With the Air AGS I started with Twitch Master Mono, I didn't seem to be getting/feeling as many bites so I switched to the spool with the same line(Varivas Lemoni) as I had on the Theta MGX I had on the Carabus. For a more fair comparison.

    It was a couple hours later than when I was playing with the Carabus, so I think the bite changed some, I wasn't getting as many bites but the fish I was getting were a little bigger. With the Carabus I was getting more dinky 3 to 5 inch sunfish. With the Air AGS they were 5 and up and the couple of 9 inch or so Crappie.

    When using the Lemoni with a leader tied on with a uni to uni knot I did notice that I could feel the knot going through the guides more on the Carabus. That could just be the difference between the size of the guides as the Carabus has smaller guides than the Air AGS.

    I'm hoping to get a real fishing trip in tomorrow where I can fish the two rods and reels back to back to get a better feel for how I like them.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Location
    Mason
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannypeoples View Post
    I had a mishap with my Presso Air AGS XUL. The spigot joint was a little loose. Not too much but after 20-30 mins of casting I needed to pull the top section down. It just so happened that one fine day I didnít. Set the hook on an average bluegill and heard a crack. Note, I use the reel to set the hook, and donít jerk my arm. Also keep a loose drag. The spigot connection in the top section cracked. I was pretty disappointed but the crack was less than 1.5 cm. So I wrapped it with size A thread and applied finishing epoxy. Works just fine now. Maybe better ?*??

    The fact that Daiwa didnít use thread and finish on the bottom section has made that part of the rod weak and prone to breakage (if the top section slips and sudden pressure is applied on a hook set). Not sure why they did that. I donít see any weight savings by not doing that. All of my other JDM rods have thread and finishing epoxy on the joint (Majorcraft, Tenryu, Abu Garcia, and Yamaga Blanks).

    All said and doneÖ the Presso Air AGs XUL is a phenomenal rod (used ester and PE). Mine is a one piece now because some of the expoxy seeped too deep and bonded with the bottom half. Lol!! The wait for new rods begins


    on my air ags xul model, the 2 halves also seem to loosen up from time to time, i dont break my rods down either.
    I pushed it on as hard as i could this time, if it loosens up again, i just might glue them together permanently.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    SE Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    Very pretty colors. Thanks for the take along.
    Bob

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP