SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Evergreen Superior Scout Master 7 L T Review

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Conway, Arkansas
    Posts
    4,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Evergreen Superior Scout Master 7 L T Review

    Name:  IMG_0861.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  60.3 KBName:  IMG_0862.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  51.9 KBName:  IMG_0863.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  72.9 KBName:  IMG_0864.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  109.8 KBName:  IMG_0865.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  80.0 KBName:  IMG_0866.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  68.3 KBName:  IMG_0867.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  67.2 KBName:  IMG_0869.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  93.2 KBName:  IMG_0870.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  77.6 KBName:  IMG_0871.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  75.4 KBName:  IMG_0872.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  60.5 KBName:  IMG_0874.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  65.0 KBName:  IMG_0873.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  103.1 KBName:  IMG_0875.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  73.4 KBName:  IMG_0876.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  48.2 KB
    I had a few hours to check out my local
    creek this morning. I brought the Evergreen Superior Scout Master 7í L T, with a 2000 series Luvius string with Night Game PE. I have been seeing a lot of local reports of bass with feed bags on. So I decide to fish small swim baits, which is not the norm for me. These creek fish were hungry! Please caught 13 Spotted Bass, 2 Largemouth, and a few bonus sun fish.

    The Scout Master is as sensitive of a rod that I have ever used. I donít think I missed a bite today. This rod has great sensitivity and enough back bone to set a good 1/0 Owner hook into a bass jaw. This will be my go to stream wading rod going forward. If you are looking for a feather light light action rod, this is it.

    I had a much more in-depth review but after I was done typing it all out, t didnít post. Pretty frustrating. Take care yíall.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]
    Likes Fly2bTied, s_v, jawjatek, Redge, skeetbum and 2 others LIKED above post
    Thanks Fishfishwish thanked you for this post

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That looks like a great day on the water, good to hear reports about different rods. Thanks for sharing !

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,380
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D10 View Post
    Name:  IMG_0861.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  60.3 KBName:  IMG_0862.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  51.9 KBName:  IMG_0863.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  72.9 KBName:  IMG_0864.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  109.8 KBName:  IMG_0865.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  80.0 KBName:  IMG_0866.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  68.3 KBName:  IMG_0867.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  67.2 KBName:  IMG_0869.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  93.2 KBName:  IMG_0870.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  77.6 KBName:  IMG_0871.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  75.4 KBName:  IMG_0872.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  60.5 KBName:  IMG_0874.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  65.0 KBName:  IMG_0873.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  103.1 KBName:  IMG_0875.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  73.4 KBName:  IMG_0876.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  48.2 KB
    I had a few hours to check out my local
    creek this morning. I brought the Evergreen Superior Scout Master 7í L T, with a 2000 series Luvius string with Night Game PE. I have been seeing a lot of local reports of bass with feed bags on. So I decide to fish small swim baits, which is not the norm for me. These creek fish were hungry! Please caught 13 Spotted Bass, 2 Largemouth, and a few bonus sun fish.

    The Scout Master is as sensitive of a rod that I have ever used. I donít think I missed a bite today. This rod has great sensitivity and enough back bone to set a good 1/0 Owner hook into a bass jaw. This will be my go to stream wading rod going forward. If you are looking for a feather light light action rod, this is it.

    I had a much more in-depth review but after I was done typing it all out, t didnít post. Pretty frustrating. Take care yíall.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Been wondering how the rod was working out. Even though I donít own one...yet.....I feel it is in all likelihood the best out there. Especially the new Superior series. Very nice catches.

    Regards


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Conway, Arkansas
    Posts
    4,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    Been wondering how the rod was working out. Even though I donít own one...yet.....I feel it is in all likelihood the best out there. Especially the new Superior series. Very nice catches.

    Regards


    Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Like you have said in the past Randy, once you get above a certain quality, it is splitting hairs. But, I donít think it could get much better...


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    356
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D10 View Post
    I had a few hours to check out my local
    creek this morning. I brought the Evergreen Superior Scout Master 7’ L T, with a 2000 series Luvius string with Night Game PE. I have been seeing a lot of local reports of bass with feed bags on. So I decide to fish small swim baits, which is not the norm for me. These creek fish were hungry! Please caught 13 Spotted Bass, 2 Largemouth, and a few bonus sun fish.

    The Scout Master is as sensitive of a rod that I have ever used. I don’t think I missed a bite today. This rod has great sensitivity and enough back bone to set a good 1/0 Owner hook into a bass jaw. This will be my go to stream wading rod going forward. If you are looking for a feather light light action rod, this is it.

    I had a much more in-depth review but after I was done typing it all out, t didn’t post. Pretty frustrating. Take care y’all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks for the report. Would you say it can handle a 10 g lure? What number PE did you use? I know the rod is rated to 0.5, but looking at those Fuji AT-12 guides, I'd be hesitant to go above 0.3...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    N GA
    Posts
    1,112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Very nice! I have been slaying slabs, and the occasional bass, with my Evergreen Limber Tip since I got it. All my other rods are a distant second to it. Fantastic rods.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Conway, Arkansas
    Posts
    4,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s_v View Post
    Thanks for the report. Would you say it can handle a 10 g lure? What number PE did you use? I know the rod is rated to 0.5, but looking at those Fuji AT-12 guides, I'd be hesitant to go above 0.3...
    Iím not sure about a 10g lure. I was using a 1/32 oz jighead with a 2.8Ē swimbait. Iím guessing ~5g. I wouldnít want to double the load on a cast (if that makes since). I have used both 0.3 and 0.4 Unitaka PE with this rod. You definitely get more distance with the 0.3 but I was using 0.4 today and I got plenty of distance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]
    Thanks s_v thanked you for this post

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nice fish! Those little swim baits can be deadly.
    Check out my Instagram fishing pics:
    https://www.instagram.com/fishfishwish/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    24,730
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Great pics and write up!
    I enjoyed it immensely, thank you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    SE Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,505
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nice review. The fish look great and look like they have been feeding well!
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP