SLABSAUCE Crappie Attractant |
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: 8 mile creek

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Al
    Posts
    1,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default 8 mile creek

    Been on vacation in gatlinburg and got home late Wednesday and decided to go yesterday. Wind was BAD. But I managed 10 keepers. And probably that many shorts. Several bass in the 2-3 pound range. I fished from 9 till 4:30. Got back to go and my knee was completely locked up. No way I could get my kayak up the bank so I just left it. Luckily everything was still there this morning. Hating getting old. Lol. All fish turned back. Caught some on minnows and some on Bobby garland chartreuse and monkey milk.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes joshtmcguire LIKED above post

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,852
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sounds like a really good trip considering the weather conditions this week.

    Sent from my E6810 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Damion Kidd LIKED above post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Al
    Posts
    1,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah I finally figured let it drop to the bottom and make about three turns up. Only time I could tell anything was when the wind let up for a few seconds. It was tough coming down the creek. I did like you taught me least little thing try to rip their head off. Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    4,361
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sounds like you did well for the conditions. That getting old isn't any fun, I'm not old but I'm starting to feel it to. Congrats

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Damion Kidd LIKED above post

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,852
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damion Kidd View Post
    Yeah I finally figured let it drop to the bottom and make about three turns up. Only time I could tell anything was when the wind let up for a few seconds. It was tough coming down the creek. I did like you taught me least little thing try to rip their head off. Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    ROFL I ain't never pulled up just a fish head, but I have caught just a pair of fish lips. ROFL

    Sent from my E6810 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Damion Kidd, tlefire LIKED above post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scottsboro Al
    Posts
    7,819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good job catch n some fish been tuff most places! I understand the locking up ! Glad everything was still their !
    Likes Damion Kidd LIKED above post

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Al
    Posts
    1,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchNgrease View Post
    ROFL I ain't never pulled up just a fish head, but I have caught just a pair of fish lips. ROFL

    Sent from my E6810 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Nah. Just a little stronger with my hook set. Makes a difference.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Al
    Posts
    1,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowe175 View Post
    Sounds like you did well for the conditions. That getting old isn't any fun, I'm not old but I'm starting to feel it to. Congrats

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Iíll be 48 tomorrow but in my mind Iím still 21. Lol. My legs donít bother me a bit till I go to stand up. Iíve actually fell a couple of times. Guess Iím gonna have to start taking some breaks and walking around a little.


    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Great job and thanks for the report. That hill at the end of a fishing trip is rough, LOL!
    Likes Damion Kidd LIKED above post

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nice trip out, I bet that wind was tough in a yak, good job!
    Likes Damion Kidd LIKED above post

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP