SLABSAUCE Fish Attractant |
Thanks Thanks:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Eufaula

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lake Park, Ga.
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Eufaula

    Headed over Friday for a long weekend. Any recent reports? How's the water looking?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,797
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Don't now for sure I'm north 2hrs but most lakes around here are high and muddy but should be clearing up.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lake Park, Ga.
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowe175 View Post
    Don't now for sure I'm north 2hrs but most lakes around here are high and muddy but should be clearing up.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

    Thanks. I looked at the water levels and saw where it was about 2ft above full pool and how it's at full pool. Maybe it will settle.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app






  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    DeFuniak Springs, Florida
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I watch the water release at Walter F. George dam to choose my catfishing times downriver. The Corps has been releasing huge amounts of water for weeks. That means the lake is high. Right now the river is really stirred up and some ramps around Gordon have been closed. Take a look at Operations Division :: Mobile District :: US Army Corps of Engineers

    and select the dam and date

    Likes DV8ed LIKED above post

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lake Park, Ga.
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishwalton View Post
    I watch the water release at Walter F. George dam to choose my catfishing times downriver. The Corps has been releasing huge amounts of water for weeks. That means the lake is high. Right now the river is really stirred up and some ramps around Gordon have been closed. Take a look at Operations Division :: Mobile District :: US Army Corps of Engineers

    and select the dam and date
    I use Lake Eufaula Water Level

    the look at the water levels. Sometime the main lake will be muddy because of them pulling water but some of the creeks will be a little clearer. The last 3-4 days it has been steady so maybe the will hold it so the water will settle.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    DeFuniak Springs, Florida
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drucker View Post
    I use Lake Eufaula Water Level

    the look at the water levels. Sometime the main lake will be muddy because of them pulling water but some of the creeks will be a little clearer. The last 3-4 days it has been steady so maybe the will hold it so the water will settle.
    Can you give me a little education on what level to look for for best crappie and catfish fishing in the lake. I don't know a thing about this and have been wanting to fish up there for crappie. Thanks


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lake Park, Ga.
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishwalton View Post
    Can you give me a little education on what level to look for for best crappie and catfish fishing in the lake. I don't know a thing about this and have been wanting to fish up there for crappie. Thanks
    This is just me speaking and others probably have way different opinions and can give more detail.

    The water level doesn't really matter unless it's above full pool. If it's above full pool then mostly the water is muddy or stained. If the lake has drops quick that means they have pulled a lot of water very quickly. It will take a few days/weeks for it to clear up. Eufaula has been stained or muddy most of the fall and winter.

    Crappie are site eaters so if the water is muddy then they can't see as far.

    Catfish are eat what they smell. Water clarity doesn't mess them up as bad.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    DeFuniak Springs, Florida
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's very helpful. Thanks so much for your response.
    Rivers down here in the FL Panhandle and on to the east are all messed up as well. Looking at 10 days to 2 weeks for the Choctawhatchee to clear if we don't get any more rain to speak of.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

BACK TO TOP