HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Panfish Lures (What's worked for you)?

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the snap beans and found it useful to remove the trailer treble and replace it with a small circle hook. Tends to catch the fish better. They are deadly lures. I also like 1/16th hair jigs and corn tipped hooks for bream. They can't resist it. Great for getting kids on fish quick.

the next generation of slabhunters

Post Thanks / Like

1/16 orange jighead and a 2" kalins triple threat grub. black, blue and chart. I know it's gaudy but it will catch fish real good in darker water.

Post Thanks / Like

Beetle spins but I am surely going to try some microspoons.
    1967/68
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePerchJerker View Post
    Beetle spins but I am surely going to try some microspoons.
    Here's some that i got yesterday on the spoons.

And here's a thread to show you that they really work on the slabs.
    Shenango Slab-Tacular!!!!! Part One - Ohio Game Fishing Community

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    Here's some that i got yesterday on the spoons.

And here's a thread to show you that they really work on the slabs.
    Shenango Slab-Tacular!!!!! Part One - Ohio Game Fishing Community
    Looking great my friend. Nice job. We need a pass code to see the article. Could you just "Cut and paste" highlites here? Thanks.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Ship, i tried to copy and paste the pictures of Nick the stick but it didn't work. If you visit the Ohio Game Fishing website you can check out the whole thread. It's a lot of the gofishohio guys from years ago. Nick is 11 years old. I'll try to post some of his spoon fish.

Post Thanks / Like

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    Ship, i tried to copy and paste the pictures of Nick the stick but it didn't work. If you visit the Ohio Game Fishing website you can check out the whole thread. It's a lot of the gofishohio guys from years ago. Nick is 11 years old. I'll try to post some of his spoon fish.

I remember Carl (BigDaddy) and a few others from my time in Ohio. Thank you my friend for posting these. Take care Chaunc.

Mike
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite way to catch bream when they're shallow is to use 6 lb. test line with a 2" or 2-3/4 Rebel or Rapala. Tie about a 4" dropper 12" to 16" up the line. Tie a dry or wet fly, as in fly fishing on this dropper. Have caught doubles many times this way, sometimes I might get a bass on either lure. I think it disturbs the fish to see this minnow swimming along stalking a bug. Have caught fish when no one else could using this method. If I go up to 8 lb. test, I'll put a 2" Rebel frog crankbait on there along with the fly or popping bug on a dropper.

In creeks, I like to use the Rebel crawfish about 1-1/2" long. Sometimes I'll go up to the 2" version of the Rebel crawfish. Shoot, around here bluegill will hit practically anything, I can walk to a pond in about 5 minutes from where I live, and artificials seem to outfish live bait big time. The biggest bluegill I caught this year was 9-3/4 inches, got a photo on my cell phone of the baby, but probably can't get it on here. It came from a pond and she hit a crawfish color, smallest size Rat-L-Trap they make.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using tiny jigs, curly tails, live worms. But the other day I used a new to me beetle spin type bait. and it was far better than expected. It fished like the old beetle spin of over 30 years ago. had a very tiny spinner blade. called the cajun crawler, by h&h lures. it was 1/32 and green body, dark green head, black eye, and 4 black rubber legs. used it on 2 lb. line. comes in a small plastic clamshell box. awsome product, and no I don't have any ties with the co. I hadn't been getting this kind of performance with the other brands of the same type bait. It also comes without the legs, and they call it the cajun spin.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast