HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Favorite bluegill rod

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I primarily use/take about 4-5 rods with me, when I go Crappie fishing. I treat every one of them as if they were as expensive as a Loomis. Fact of the matter is ... 4 of the 5 didn't cost me a thing
    That's right ... they were "free" (as in I didn't buy them). I won one of them at a Crappie tourney (1st place prize) .... and the other 3 are prototypes, that I was sent to fieldtest.
    Doesn't matter to me, if they cost $20 or $200 ... I treat them all like they can't be replaced, at any price.

... cp
    WELL SAID PAPPY HAVE WELL OVER 100 ROD /REELS CHANGE THEM UP ALL THE TIME $1.00 OR $100.00 TREAT THEM ALL THE SAME GUESS THATS WHY ITS HARD TO LET THEM GO BUT WHEN I DO GIVE THEM AWAY THEY STILL WORK LIKE NEW.
    HERE FISHY FISHY

Post Thanks / Like

5 ft Berkley Cherrywood

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

6.5 Ugly Stick Lite
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I like using a regular cane pole

Post Thanks / Like

I love to use my Bream Buster from B'n M. I really like to get some crickets and my bream buster cane pole and I am set for a great day of bluegill fishin'. Just as much fun a using a $100+ rod. They really put up a good fight on these little poles, but these are some tough pole too, so don't let their sizes fool you. I have caught some nice crappie with the little jewel.
    Likes huntinslabs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite bream rod is my graphite 8' Scientific Angler Fly rod (Wal-mart) with a Tiny Lite open face reel from BPS.I also have a 5' Quantum Xtralite rod with a Pflueger underspin Reel on it.These are both very sensitive rods and when you catch a good ole bigun' it feels like a Whale ! (Frankenstein Bream-nonetheless Frankenbream)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure these are nice rods and they should be for that price,you usually get what you pay for.Although you could buy a lot of lures,bait,kippers\hot sauce and Land Sharks plus take your sweetie to Red Lobster instead ? I have caught more fish and had the most fun with the cheapest lightweight tackle that I own.I do prefer graphite rods over fiberglass though.I usually am a IM or 2 behind the latest and greatest,IM8 is state of the art now I suppose.Case in point Rapala Fillet Knives-cheap but excellent ! The G'Loomis I looked at was $185 maybe a nice heirloom to hand down but, too much for a rod in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I have lots of cheap rods, think I'll take one today and see if I have more fun.
    Al

Post Thanks / Like

I have several BPS bionic rods M/L action with shimano spirex 2500 re reels 5'6" and 6' with 6 pnd test. These are great rods and have enough backbone for anything you want to throw at them.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

well what i like is a 4'6" shakespeare microspin combo i have 3 of those wally world specials and i cant find them any more. so if you run acroos them please let me know.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast