Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACC Crappie stix

Post Thanks / Like

Default ACC Crappie stix

I have used these poles for 3-4 years and really like them. I had one break a couple of years ago while lifting a fish. It was under warranty and was replaced in short order. Fast forward to this year. I have had two to break both while lifting fish. Is anyone else having problems?

Post Thanks / Like

Think I’ll buy a net.

Is the tip section breaking? Or the lower piece?

Post Thanks / Like

A while back I set the hook on an 8 inch crappie and my 6.6 broke about 6-8 inches ABOVE the reel seat.
    Called and it was about 4-5 months out of warranty. SORRY CHARLIE was basically my answer.
    I probably used it about a half a dozen times before it broke.
    I have a 13 cross over, 2-12 foot cork handles and an 8 footer.
    They have gotten all the money they will get from me.
    I really don’t use them much either because I found other brands I like much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I hear it’s a pretty common thing for these to break but I also heard they usually have great customer service.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave336 View Post
    I hear it’s a pretty common thing for these to break but I also heard they usually have great customer service.
    I am not really griping about the rod not being covered when out of warranty and I do light the lightweight of the rod.
    Guess my point is I have found something I like better and you know what that is. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just posting for this thread about what I know and hear about ACC rods in general. That it’s pretty common for them to break and warranty replacement is usually pretty easy. I agree about the other rods we both like better.
    Likes Chuck Adams LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of rods do y’all like better?

Post Thanks / Like

Tell it
    Which ones do yall like better? I’m still looking for a pair of 12’ jigging rods.
    Likes Chuck Adams, justinp61 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default ACC Crappie stix

The Jenko Kevin Rogers rods are similar feel wise and hold up better. But only come in 10,11, and 13ft, no 12ft, and Kevin Rogers isn’t with Jenko anymore and not sure if those rods will still be made after inventory is gone. I don’t use ACC or the Kevin Rogers now, just know from handling them they are similar. I ran the Kevin Rogers a year or so a few years back, they are good rods and Jenko will stand behind them if you have trouble.
    2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion
    Likes Chuck Adams LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Rod's will break sometimes while lifting fish in, especially if you are holding the rod above the grip while lifting. Rod breaks just above your hand. I know that for a fact because the last two rods I've broken I made that mistake. One was a custom rod I designed and spent over $500 to have made. Fortunately rod was under warranty. Rods that break around the tip is more likely to be a manufacturing error not seen. Just bought two of these rods for the grandchildren to use so will see what happens. No way I'm letting my 11 year old grandson fish with one of my high $$$ rods unsupervised but he can have his pick of the rods I just got.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast