Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Garmin 93 SV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    You will need to lower it in my opinion. The bottom of the ducer should be flat or parallel to the lake bottom bottom. You’ll need to find a happy medium as I assume your boat will rock and roll depending your movement in the boat. This will get you the most accurate and clear picture. Your well on your way to ripping some more lips
    I heard that. You think it would be safe to lower it down even farther? The transducer mount won’t have a lot of its back against the plate and I’m worried about it snapping under the pressure from the water while on plane. I may be overthinking it. I could also make an aluminum plate to extend it down even farther if it comes down to that. The way I had it was working well. I wasn’t getting much discrepancy from what I usually get out of my other FF.

Yes it rocks and rolls a lot as I move around. It’s almost like fishing in a pirouge. The boat sits very shallow in the water and when I’m up front, it picks the back up even more. I may have to reorganize and put more weight in the back to counter all this. It would be perfect if I had another person in the boat with me to keep the back weighed down while I’m up front.

I’m also considering maybe making a hinged door for the center seat and putting the battery in there to lighten up the front and move the weight farther back. I think keeping the battery all the way in the back will be too much.

I’ve got to get someone out here with me to operate the boat and I can stand by and look to get a better idea of where it needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  3C366A51-C6D1-4D47-B4FA-2712ED508F99.jpeg
Views: 216
Size:  134.7 KB

This is mine weather it’s right or not never had an issue but you may have to move your plate down
    Last edited by BuckeyeCrappie; 03-17-2023 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Photo corrections
    Likes ALBuzz LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry not a computer techy guy with this stuff so you got three pictures
    Likes ALBuzz, crappiemax LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 93sv but i don't use it as a standard depth finder. I never mounted the GT54 transducer. I would suspect that it would mount like an other transducer. The book that came with my Garmin had a lot of information that would be helpful in using the device. I never turn anything but Livescope on. Sorry I couldn't be more help. I would go with a good mount - RAM is expensive, but probably the best. I used the "C" grade for mine.

Post Thanks / Like

After going out this week I think I've come to the conclusion that I dont need the DI and SI while on plane. I trolled around at idle and spotted some fish and actually caught a few!

I'm not losing signal after lowering down the transducer some more. I think it would help to drop it about 1.5 to 2 inches more but I'm out of space on the stern saver to give the transducer something to have a lot of backing against. I could get another stern saver and cut it to fit in the space below the one I have mounted to give me that extra room but its doing well so far. I cant stand too far on the left side of the boat or it will come out of the water. I think I'm going to have to live with it since im sitting so shallow in the water. On a larger boat, I think I wouldn't be having these problems because it would be sitting slightly lower in the water. giving me that 1.5-2 inches im needing.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Nova...your transducer is mounted too high.
    I'm guessing here but I would think if you could drill another set of holes maybe 3/4" lower it should be enough to get the transducer down in the water and it would make a world of difference in your performance.
    FWIW, those transducers are designed to kick up if you hit something in the water.
    The part of the transducer bracket that the transducer mounts to, should be level with the bottom of your boat.

A point that I have always tried to live by when adding new toys to my boat is that, if I'm going to make the investment in something new, I'm going to take the time to try to get it installed where I get everything out it that I can and I'm going to take the time to learn how it works. I've mounted some transducers 3 times before getting it right and could get the readings I was expecting.
    The point being you should be able to get SI & DI readings out of this unit while running down the river on plane, why accept something less?

Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you're saying. I'm not worried about the transducer kicking up or hitting something, I'm worried about the mount snapping where the screws are attached from the pressure of the water pushing on it. There wont be much support between the plate and the back of the mount itself after lowering the screw holes down. You think it would be okay that way? My max speed is about 15mph on a good day. I'm not trying to be contradictory, I'm just so uneducated on these things. Thank you for the input fellas.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand your concern. I doubt that you'd have to worry about breaking your transducer bracket by lowering your transducer to where it needs to be.
    I don't know what material is used to make the bracket but I'm sure it can handle some abuse. I would move, modify or add on to your transducer mount if you really feel that it needs it to provide the additional support. Remember a little extra effort up front will pay dividends in your enjoyment for years to come.
    Good luck with your install, you're almost there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemax View Post
    I understand your concern. I doubt that you'd have to worry about breaking your transducer bracket by lowering your transducer to where it needs to be.
    I don't know what material is used to make the bracket but I'm sure it can handle some abuse. I would move, modify or add on to your transducer mount if you really feel that it needs it to provide the additional support. Remember a little extra effort up front will pay dividends in your enjoyment for years to come.
    Good luck with your install, you're almost there.
    Thanks for the help boss. I will move it down and take a chance on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes crappiemax LIKED above post

tlefire is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My question would be, why do you want DI and SI while running on plane?
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90 four stroke
    Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Livescope Terrova 24v Ionic lithium batteries

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast