Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: mid size truck

Takeum is online now Crappie.com 3K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

No one drives that little Honda Ridgeline with the v6? I heard they were pretty good little trucks,,,,
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders
    Avery outdoors superstore

Post Thanks / Like

It should be a good platform. They have been around a good while. It should work fine for most of what I use a truck for
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Atimm693;4331902]Avoid the 3.7 like the plague. One of the worst motors ever made.[/QUOTEI

The Dakotas I've owned have always had the 6cyl, 3.9l motor. Never had issues with them if maintained well. Never had the 4.7l, 8cyl.....the reports on them and gas mileage turns my nose from them. I have a 5.3 8cyl Chevy for bigger pulls and for my whole family to fit in to go to the lake or wherever, but this Dakota is what I buzz around in everywhere!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takeum View Post
    No one drives that little Honda Ridgeline with the v6? I heard they were pretty good little trucks,,,,
    Man I wanted one of those. The commercials were great. Then I saw one up close. They were designed for hauling a set of golf clubs or a potted plant. All the neat features got in the way of one another, especially if you wanted to use it like a truck.....course this was 15 years ago. They might be cool now
    Jake
    Likes grizwilson LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takeum View Post
    The Honda Ridgeline was NOT a pickup truck. It was and is a minivan with a semi-truck body. It is a Front Wheel van with a mini-truck body. It now has am all
    with drive system that makes the rear wheels an assistant mode that accusement rear drive. Not bad if you are looking for a better than an awhile drive but not a true 4 wheel drive offered a four wheel drive offered by the Frontier.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!

Post Thanks / Like

im driving my 3rd gmc canyon at4 model 4x4 double cab. it pulls my boat a fast as i want to go. thats fast.300+ hp and tow button that raises the shift point rpm. at 87 it may be the last one i need.
    Likes SuperDave336, grizwilson LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Vehicles these days last so much longer than the ones of years ago.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atimm693 View Post
    First, how big is the boat?

I wouldn't take a Nissan if you gave it to me.
    I've owned multiple nissan trucks & kept them all until they had a lot lof miles on them. I have only put one starter on one & one alternator on another. If i were shopping for a mid size truck it would be 1toyota, 2 nissan & ranger. Do they still make a dakota?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    I've owned multiple nissan trucks & kept them all until they had a lot lof miles on them. I have only put one starter on one & one alternator on another. If i were shopping for a mid size truck it would be 1toyota, 2 nissan & ranger. Do they still make a dakota?
    Dakota is no longer made, in the states anyway. Look for that to change in a few years. The question is, will stelantis/ram make it on a unibody? EV only?

Off topic - I saw a video that the IH Scout could be making a return, in EV form only though.

How International Scout is making a comeback! - YouTube
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skunked again View Post
    Dakota is no longer made, in the states anyway. Look for that to change in a few years. The question is, will stelantis/ram make it on a unibody? EV only?

Off topic - I saw a video that the IH Scout could be making a return, in EV form only though.

How International Scout is making a comeback! - YouTube
    Wouldn't be surprised to see it come back as a unibody pickup, small turbo and a hybrid option, to compete with the Maverick that Ford can't keep in stock. Toyota is working on one too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234