Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Acc crappie sticks

Post Thanks / Like

They are nice rods but they don't hold up like the BnM's...... seen more than one 9' plus ACC rod
    snap under the pressure of a hard hook set.
    Likes Chuck Adams LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Adams View Post
    I have several from 13 ft down to 6.6.
    They are OK……
    Found rods I like better so I probably won’t buy any more.
    6.6 broke just above reel seat on hookset.
    Personally they are light in weigh but they need to address the mixture of material used. Others have broken more easily than they should in my opinion.
    Good luck but explore more before buying.
    Chuck

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    not to hurt no ones feelings ,but when they tested em back when they gave one or 2 to all my buds that youtube all the time and not one to me .....seems they knew full well of my semi lengendary hooksets and abuse tackle gets when I use it.
    that stated , they have a fairly substantial record of the above mentioned failures from what I am told .....
    BUT hey I also hear they are good about fixing whatever breaks on them ...
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kmiller1985 View Post
    They are nice rods but they don't hold up like the BnM's...... seen more than one 9' plus ACC rod
    snap under the pressure of a hard hook set.
    yeppers for sure
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Rods are a little stiff for my liking . I started with medium /light action with fast tips . I think we tend to judge by what "feel ",we started with . I for example am a B/M " Sam Heaton" fan and even though I have a "Brush Cutter" it will never be my go to rod . B/m does not recommend boat flipping fish with any of their rods so that has never been a requirement of a rod for me . All that to say its a Ford /Chevy thing . jmo
    [IMG]ox1000jpg[/IMG]
    Likes Yak Fish, wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TreednNC View Post
    I've got two 13ft Crossovers, a 6fter, and dad has an 8fter and 11fter. I've beat the crap out of my 13fters and theyre still going. Love them, but there's a few rods from Southern Crappie Rods about to come out that will make my ACCs collect dust,
    when will they be out, i am willing to try one and see if it will make my ACC rods collect dust, ya never know, some other rods were supposed to make some rods collect dust, i have tried about 5 or 6 other brands that were supposed to put the ACC in the closet, so far i have found one or 2 rods to do that and they were Daiwa Tatula's but at 3 times the price, what is this new rod from Southern Crappie supposed to be available.

chet

chet

Post Thanks / Like

My favorites right now are the Kevin Rogers Signature Series.
    Fast tip and loads up nicely. Swings everything I catch in with zero problems. I have the 10 and 13 footers.
    Hardly ever pick up the ACC’s any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chetc View Post
    when will they be out, i am willing to try one and see if it will make my ACC rods collect dust, ya never know, some other rods were supposed to make some rods collect dust, i have tried about 5 or 6 other brands that were supposed to put the ACC in the closet, so far i have found one or 2 rods to do that and they were Daiwa Tatula's but at 3 times the price, what is this new rod from Southern Crappie supposed to be available.

chet

chet
    Unknown with the way manufacturing over seas is. Give Ed a call. Latest outbreak of Covid over there shut things down again from what I was told. Check them out in gobbler's video(s). His latest is https://www.crappie.com/crappie/main...-footage-wife/

As far as ACC's breaking, I'm not making excuses but I've seen a few relatively small companies run into bad batches when making high modulus carbon/graphite products. Used to be a custom surf rod blank maker that had the same thing happen. Hard to control product when you're such a small part of the market share.

That said, I've sent fish airborn out of the water on hookset, and had to dodge my jig/weight more than I care to remember, looking like a Bassmaster Elite Pro setting the hook on a 10lber in lillypads....Ive heard about the broken ACC's but mine get beat and abused and see weekly use. In a tourny, all bets are off as to how I handle a rod while I'm scrambling to do something, switch jigs/rods, etc.

Again, I don't get paid, receive a discount, get free products, or anything, I'm just a putz that owns 5 of them, and could break an anvil with a rubber mallet. I'm sure they get broken, but I don't know a rod that doesn't. Comparing them to B&M is like apples and oranges. Other than some of B&M's latest offerings, they're really entirely different products for the most part. The graphite of a BGJP isnt the same as a high modulus graphite. High modulus graphite isnt as forgiving, but is generally stiffer and a faster action than the graphite of an rod like a BGJP, and IMO, serve two totally different, albeit important functions. Each great for their own purpose.
    Likes Chuck Adams, ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Sir
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TreednNC View Post
    Unknown with the way manufacturing over seas is. Give Ed a call. Latest outbreak of Covid over there shut things down again from what I was told. Check them out in gobbler's video(s). His latest is https://www.crappie.com/crappie/main...-footage-wife/

As far as ACC's breaking, I'm not making excuses but I've seen a few relatively small companies run into bad batches when making high modulus carbon/graphite products. Used to be a custom surf rod blank maker that had the same thing happen. Hard to control product when you're such a small part of the market share.

That said, I've sent fish airborn out of the water on hookset, and had to dodge my jig/weight more than I care to remember, looking like a Bassmaster Elite Pro setting the hook on a 10lber in lillypads....Ive heard about the broken ACC's but mine get beat and abused and see weekly use. In a tourny, all bets are off as to how I handle a rod while I'm scrambling to do something, switch jigs/rods, etc.

Again, I don't get paid, receive a discount, get free products, or anything, I'm just a putz that owns 5 of them, and could break an anvil with a rubber mallet. I'm sure they get broken, but I don't know a rod that doesn't. Comparing them to B&M is like apples and oranges. Other than some of B&M's latest offerings, they're really entirely different products for the most part. The graphite of a BGJP isnt the same as a high modulus graphite. High modulus graphite isnt as forgiving, but is generally stiffer and a faster action than the graphite of an rod like a BGJP, and IMO, serve two totally different, albeit important functions. Each great for their own purpose.
    All rods do get broken but not at the same pace as the ACC. I could honestly care less, I haven’t owned one and won’t because of all the people I know that have had them break. But I hate seeing people waste money on a product without knowing what they are getting into when there are so many better options out there.
    2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion
    Likes Chuck Adams LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

13' rear seat. Very good rod.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast