Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mid size truck

Post Thanks / Like

Consider looking at some 2 year old low milage well kept trucks. Who knows, may find a great deal.
    I know a guy that buys a new truck when His gets 25, 000 miles on them, dealer serviced and all.
    He says "Man, trucks are worn out when you get over 20,000 miles on 'em, ya know?"
    Mean while, one of my trucks I bebop around in will roll over 300,000 miles pretty soon, I put every mile on it.
    To each their own.
    Likes wannabe fisherman, Hanr3, NCkenner LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chetc View Post
    going to be shopping for a mid sized pick up with a 6ft box and a cab and a half style. for towing my boat any suggestions or pro's and cons of the new trucks, seems like the Toyota Tacoma is at the top of the list, any thoughts on the competition, Colorado, ranger, canyon or the nisson, 4cyl vs 6cyl ect

chet
    Just curious..... What did you buy?

Chris
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought an 03 Camry and an 03 Tundra new. No major problems with either one of them. Still going strong.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I think the pay over MRSP or MRSP price will be ending shortly,the lots with trucks are getting fuller and fuller around here, with the feed raising interest every 6 months there's going to be some $$$ hurt coming soon to a lot of folks.
    Likes icehouse, Redge LIKED above post

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Clint, Im a full sized pickup man. Cost more to operate (gas) but I like the room. I had a toyota mid sized truck and it pulled my Skiff good but since I went big again I now have a ranger and dont even want to think about going back again. Good luck with whatever you decide. Ive been back and forth with the size of trucks during my lifetime. The larger ones does have their advantages.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
    Likes BuckeyeCrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 2018 Nissan Frontier. Bought it new in August of 18. Zero complaints , zero issues with it. Much cheaper than the competitors, same or better build quality. Held its resale just fine.
    Im now in a ‘21 Titan. For the same reasons. Also, the Titan has a 5 year 100,000mile bumper to bumper warranty.
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't under estimate the Dodge Dakota.....come with the 8cyl, if you need it, or 6cyl if you don't need the extra. That little 6, 3.9L motor is pretty stout. Just picked up a 2002 model (probably a little older than most shop for) for $600, due to the oil pressure being low. Has 102,000 miles, AC works, 4wd works, new tires...and it's a manual. After 3 days of fixing in the garage, I have a dependable hunting/fishing truck that gets me about 20 mpg on the highway in 5th gear, and will pull anything I need it to. And, they are more roomy than a Ranger, or an S-10.

BuckeyeCrappie is online now Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I went with a Tundra and am pleased with the interior room and power. The V8 pulls my 20ft boat easily.
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net

Post Thanks / Like

look at the f 150 with the ecoboost tows as well as the 5.0 and gets 15-17 towing and 23 on highway
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrwillis View Post
    Don't under estimate the Dodge Dakota.....come with the 8cyl, if you need it, or 6cyl if you don't need the extra. That little 6, 3.9L motor is pretty stout. Just picked up a 2002 model (probably a little older than most shop for) for $600, due to the oil pressure being low. Has 102,000 miles, AC works, 4wd works, new tires...and it's a manual. After 3 days of fixing in the garage, I have a dependable hunting/fishing truck that gets me about 20 mpg on the highway in 5th gear, and will pull anything I need it to. And, they are more roomy than a Ranger, or an S-10.
    Avoid the 3.7 like the plague. One of the worst motors ever made.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast