HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Guide On Boards

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Guide On Boards

So long story short, last year I upgraded my boat. Went from 16/48 war eagle duck boat with 30hp tiller to
    Xpress 18 PFC crappie boat with 115 Yamaha. Love the boat. Thankful I have it. But I get anxiety every time I go because
    of issues loading onto trailer. Its just tough for me and if not aligned right and power up then becomes P.I.T.A to push off
    and try again, then if people waiting I feel rushed/embarrassed etc...you see my point.

I have ordered some boat guides to mount to help...here are pics of my boat and trailer......

any tips/tricks to know before I begin this process?

TomName:  20220313_110055.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  76.7 KBName:  IMG_6739.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  93.9 KBName:  IMG_6740.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  97.8 KB

"The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it".

William James
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have them on my Tracker and they do help. Good luck with the install. Fine lookin boat as well.
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice boat. Congrats!
    I had the same problem with my 188.
    Biggest and best advice I got that helped was trailer depth.
    Just have to mess with it to hit that sweet spot. Not too shallow or to deep. On mine the sweet spot is top of fender level with the water.
    The other thing for mine was adding more bunks. The extras catch the strides and keeps it centered better. Not sure how your trailer set up tho.

Name:  IMG_3102.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  118.9 KB

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Tradbow is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Xpress 180 with a BT trailer. I love the boat but it’s a pain to load and unload so much so I’m seriously considering replacing the trailer. I placed bunks on my trailer and it helped a lot as well as I replaced the cable steering with hydraulic steering. The trailer is not user friendly.
    Thanks FIN thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have you considered putting guide posts in the middle of the trailer just behind the bend of the frame? That way, the boat will definitely be centered as it approaches the bow stop.
    Also, there are "V" shaped bow stops and even a Drotto setup that makes centering while loading easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get this figured out?

If not, would something like gatorbacks Boat Bunk Cover Company | Claremont, MN & Vonore, TN | Gatorbak , or caliber BunkWrap – Caliber Powersports Accessories work ?

Spray the carpeted bunks with silicone spray. Will have to re-spray every now and then. I'm doing this for my current boat.

A previous tin boat, I put a 4X4 PVC post sleeve on the bunks. Split it in half, screwed it on.

The Skeeter (fiberglass boat), I put Gatorbacks on it. I cried when I bought the Gatorbacks, however, it was a wonderful product. There customer service was fantastic also.
    Both boats loaded\unloaded like a dream.
    Something I liked about about both of those items, they left the bottom of the bunk boards exposed, letting them dry out quick. Thus reducing rot\extending the life of the boards.
    There are also composite bunk boards, supposed to do all of the above.
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

A side question - what rod transport holder are you using? I'm looking to put\make something on current boat. 14' rods on a 14' boat is a challenge!
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had this problem with the last two boats I’ve had, a 17.5 tracker and 18’ triton. Both boat trailers had only 2 bunks. Added 2 bunks to make 4 and took care of loading problems.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my current boat. It came with homemade side bunks. I added new boards and carpet. There are 4 bunk boards for bottom.. You can see the ones below side bunks that really keep boat straight during loading. Having a nicely set up trailer really helps with loading..I used to have a 23ft cuddy cabin boat for offshore fishing, I could load it as quick as a 20 ft job boat since it's trailer was set up correctly. Name:  0620201501a~3.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  90.1 KB
    Last edited by RobertFL; 11-20-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  012712175003~2.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  87.5 KB this is one of my old boats. It loaded nicely and the side bunks did help with any alignment issues.
    Likes Blackjeepjk LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast