Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: General consensus on tournament attendance

Post Thanks / Like

I’d be worried if you got it 😂 not going to lie.

I don’t fish for the money, but it’s a little harder to drive across the state, say for me, LKN to Jordan, to justify trying to fish for $400 first place, and the rest of the places respectfully, than it is $1000+ and then the rest of the places paid out below.

It’s a weird sweet spot between enough to want to fish for and cost prohibitive to even try, for a lot of folks, myself included.

My main reason is the knowledge I’ve gained and friendships made along the way. I’m not out to make friends, I’m perfectly content alone, but it’s nice to connect with like minded people people that gain your trust, and you their’s, and sharpening those skills.

Before tourny fishing I’d leave and say “guess they weren’t biting”. Now I look back and say, “they had 9.55 and I had 7.43, where did I miss catching that extra 2.13 I needed to beat them”.
    Likes Clarktg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Very well said right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Foxy Jig is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

agree with many here..it's nice to test your skills in a real competition

Post Thanks / Like

I used to tournament fish all around the piedmont. My best fishing buddy passed, another moved to Arkansas, and a third got remarried. I lost all my best fishing partners in less than a year. I also lost motivation and since I don't spend as much time on the water, I'm not on top of the fish like I used to be. Pretty much, the more you go, the better your chances are of finding & catching.

Jim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123