Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric Fillet Knives

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got an American Angler my Old Fishin Partner bought me 30 years ago. Still going strong. Get new blades every couple years. It make a difference. Granted there was about 10 years I didn’t fish or clean any. It has cleaned a lot of Stripers, they are hard on blades. I’ll never retire it, remember my ole friend every time I clean some. RIP Chip Lattimore.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes gabowman, BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

10-15 years ago all I ever used was the rapala knives. The cheaper all black models. They feel perfect in your hand and I cleaned many of fish with them, but I would wind up burning one up every couple years. I finally went with the HD model that’s grey and black sometime around 2012 and I loved it other than it was bulkier than the all black model. It was strong and that knife lasted me until 2020. Best I recall, something finally broke where the blades were inserted. The knife never stopped running and I still have it. I robbed parts from another knife to try and repair it but I lost the function of removing the blades. Its stored away in a drawer for a spare and an extra knife when needed.

I broke down and bought a bubba blade a couple years ago and I love it. I love the thin blades, it’s powerful, and it’s got a pretty good feel for a bulkier knife. Time will tell, but it sounds like a better made knife than the rapala, if that makes any sense. But any knife that’ll last me as long as the rapala is a dang good one in my book. It just runs quieter and feels better put together. Either way, I think they are both great knives and for the money I’d probably give the nod to the rapala because it’s much cheaper.

My bubba blade is a plug in model but my dad has a 12v model and I really like it’s convenience. I was leery about the battery life so I didn’t go that route but from what I’ve seen it lasts a long time. Brand new he cleaned 60-70 crappie on a single charge from 1 battery. It doesn’t seem quite as strong as my plug in model but it is still plenty strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Hooking up every chance I get!
    Likes gabowman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The filet knives seem to have a blade that is too aggressive and can butcher up a filet if you ain't careful. Best electric knife I've ever filleted with was an old Hamilton beach ham carving knife with a wide blade, It would cut the slickest filet right off the bone with no worries about going through the backbone. I finally burnt it up and have used several "filet" knives and they do ok but none was as good as that old Hamilton Beach.
    Likes gabowman, ecoast LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Got my old man the cordless Bubba Blade last year. He absolutely loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Burned through several mister twisters, Got an American Angler a few years ago and its still going strong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12