HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Quick question on a tying material

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick question on a tying material

I was on a tying forum site, and came across a material I have never herd of, nor can I find it on Google. It is used as a body baterial. It's called "NO-Dub". My question is has anyone herd of this, knows what it is. In the pic provided It looks like a slightly fiberie ultra chenille, but not as fiberie as leech yarn. or at least the extruding fibers were not as long as the leech yarn...Any info would help. If you need a visual, it can be found by looking up the SHWAPT (Swept Hackle, Wingless, All Purpose Fly) At FAOL. Thank you.
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.
    1980 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 160 Evinrude 65 Triumph

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jamesdean thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave336 View Post
    Cool. Thank you, Dave. I googled it, and all it showed me was dubbing material...
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.
    Likes SuperDave336 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just read the label on the package of red. It said it was two strands of fuzzy thread. With the product costing C$1.09, and $ 5.41 to ship ($1.00US = c$1.29 today), it's not feasible to order any...

Post Thanks / Like

Order lots of it then…lol

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the help finding it, dave, but going through it, he, or they are only listing a package or two of this, and a single pack of that. Then if you do get any orders over $80.00,(and it don't say U.S. or Canadian), a tracking number will be applied to the package. That is a good thing, but then that costs another $30.00 for the tracking. Canadian post office...I think I will just use some Mohair yarn and be done with it. Thank you again for the help...

MCG1 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Eric, check out straggle string micro chenille or micro polar chenille.
    Thanks Jamesdean thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MCG1 View Post
    Eric, check out straggle string micro chenille or micro polar chenille.
    Thank you MCG1, I think that straggle string will work. Price is pretty reasonable. Now to get some on the way. This is a material I have never heard of. Thank you again. Eric.
    Likes MCG1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesdean View Post
    Thank you MCG1, I think that straggle string will work. Price is pretty reasonable. Now to get some on the way. This is a material I have never heard of. Thank you again. Eric.
    That company is hard to deal with, I had an account and ordered a good bit of items, but since I didn't order a lot of each, they wanted retail so I talked a bit to make them help since they didn't tell me anything like that before my order. I have a lot of their things still and will use some of it, but will not order again from them as it's just too much to deal with.

Just my opinion after dealing with them.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    That company is hard to deal with, I had an account and ordered a good bit of items, but since I didn't order a lot of each, they wanted retail so I talked a bit to make them help since they didn't tell me anything like that before my order. I have a lot of their things still and will use some of it, but will not order again from them as it's just too much to deal with.

Just my opinion after dealing with them.

Skip
    Thanks Skip, but not dealing with them directly. Going to go through a reputable supplier...
    Likes MCG1 LIKED above post