HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perfection is the word

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perfection is the word

Cool breeze , slightly cloudy , low wind speed , not a soul on the lake but us, boat ran well , fish cooperated well , filled my freezer with big thick fillets .
    AND it dont get much better than all that for sure
    Sometimes it all goes right well and yesterdays visit before work was one of those , started ketchn first stop and left them biting.
    Only kept 35 , but pitched back tons of legal fish , just not in the keep multiple limits mode and I only took a dozen fat ones home with me , 24 fillets with 4 in a bag is a stack in my freezer inside the house and we about never put fish out in the big freezer , they tend to get lost in there.
    The strategy changed as we wore them down , it is me to play the wind game and the little wind we did have changed from not much at all to a bit more from another direction . it was difficult to get the boat operator to cooperate with my want to hit certain spots but to be sure one stop was one of them that was a nice time .
    he insisted he never "ketches" much if any on the spot I wanted to visit , after a bit of suggesting we need to see if they are over there , we moved and like I told him , there was a big herd waiting to be hammered on .
    pitching the bait and dragging it back slowly was the key at that stop , some of the others were more vertical in the presentation setting and the REALLY good news is about half the fish were THUMPING the jigs !
    such was that visit and until I find a few more elsewhere off I go .....
    KABOOM is near
    p.s. note the first fish photo , sure has some color on him for an almost July fishee ....
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks hdhntr thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good pics. Nice cooler shot. Good when things go your way.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post
    Thanks Ketchn thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish, you always have a great post, thank you for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a full livewell
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

BuckeyeCrappie is online now Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesomeness. I have yet to find a lake where I am the only visitor. Congratulations and thanks for sharing
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report and trip. I have a couple of guys who insist on going out in their boat but are not particularly good at ketchn or knowing where they should be going. Sometimes I have to be patient and insistant and finally BLUNT about where we need to go. But usually when listened to we get into them good.

Nice to find a big herd of willing fishee's that will thump that jig and not just tick it.
    Likes funfishers, Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That does sound like a perfect day.

Post Thanks / Like

Not only does that first fish still have lots of color, that tail is pretty tore up too, which suggests, a late spawner fish...
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.
    1980 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 160 Evinrude 65 Triumph

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdhntr View Post
    Nice report and trip. I have a couple of guys who insist on going out in their boat but are not particularly good at ketchn or knowing where they should be going. Sometimes I have to be patient and insistant and finally BLUNT about where we need to go. But usually when listened to we get into them good.

Nice to find a big herd of willing fishee's that will thump that jig and not just tick it.
    Anytime someone who knows fishin' wants to hop in the boat with me & show me where to go, I'm game.
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeppir...Three things have unwritten guarantees 1- Dangling a piece o' candy in front of a child 2- Letting anyone see a $100 bill in your possession 3- Can I TAKE YOU TO MY HOTSPOT?!!
    Thanks for checkin' on me! CURIOSITY takes me there, SUCCESS ushers me back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast