HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should guides keep their own limit? Yes or No?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa View Post
    No names told but a guide in Illinois got busted a few years back. He was catching more than his limit and counted his total in with his clients. 3 people 45 crappie, more than 15 were caught by him. I believe he lost his right to guide for a few years and maybe fined some as well. If a guide fishes every day I would think maybe not catch a limit if his clients are catching fish. That is what he is being paid for, not to fill their freezer. Just my opinion
    How would you even enforce that? Do I really want a game warden spending his entire day following one boat around to count how many each individual in the boat caught? We already don't have enough out there as it is, I dont want one spending his/her entire day with his/her eyes glued to one boat, does not feel like that would be an efficient use of resources. As long as there are no more fish in the boat than the combined limit of everybody on board, or the boat limit if boat limits are in place, then I'm fine. I don't care who caught which fish, seems like just splitting hairs at that point and would be hard to enforce.
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.
    Likes Speck LIKED above post

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Just hire Wannabe as a guide then it’s a non-issue.Should guides keep their own limit?  Yes or No?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff
    Likes BigKyd LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speck View Post
    Just hire Wannabe as a guide then it’s a non-issue.Should guides keep their own limit?  Yes or No?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    What a Crappie thing to say.

Wannabe…Name:  IMG_5611.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  50.3 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

While I agree it should be a boat total, not individual counts. The law states otherwise, I do believe the guide's clients were actually law enforcement but I am not positive. Hopefully someone else from IL will chime in

Post Thanks / Like

That's is how they bust the majority of waterfowl guides and big game outfitters. Fed wildlife or state Gw's book a lot of hunts each year. They pose as client's and pounce on the offenders if an offense is committed. I really like the tactic to be honest. Seems to be the best way to lockup would be offenders.
    Likes Slabprowler, BroKenneth LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the number of guides and their businesses as well are hurting the fisheries. If you multiply the thousands upon thousands of numbers of fish each guide is responsible for removing from the waters yearly you will see the impact they are having.
    I may be getting older but I refuse to grow up.
    Thanks Erin Brewer thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa View Post
    While I agree it should be a boat total, not individual counts. The law states otherwise, I do believe the guide's clients were actually law enforcement but I am not positive. Hopefully someone else from IL will chime in
    That makes sense. Sounds like maybe this guy had a history of bad behavior if they were specifically targeting him to the extent they booked a trip with him. I'm all for protecting the resource and I pay close attention to the local regulations and follow them when I go, but I also mind my own business and let the people who are paid to enforce the laws worry about what the other boats are doing, unless its just totally obvious to the point I cant help but notice it and so egregious I cant help but report it.
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spindle View Post
    I believe the number of guides and their businesses as well are hurting the fisheries. If you multiply the thousands upon thousands of numbers of fish each guide is responsible for removing from the waters yearly you will see the impact they are having.
    I was very similar in my thinking as you till I saw the number flushed through the spillway on some nights during the bitter cold nights . Water was white with them . For this reason do I not believe next year will be better based on numbers of 11 inch fish from one year to the next .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Brewer View Post
    Your is opening up a big can of worms…. And I’m good with that… But that bein said I think that if they can make money off a free fishery they should have to give back to that fishery in way of guide license of some sort… I don’t guide I have no intention of guiding but I feel like guides have hurt our lakes… but until they make or pass a law to limit there is nothing you can do. We at least have a boat limit of fish

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    In Tennessee I believe the cost of a Guide's license is $250.. annually. Not much money for the money they make. There should at least be a Lottery draw for a few Guides allowed to Guide each year.
    I may be getting older but I refuse to grow up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spindle View Post
    In Tennessee I believe the cost of a Guide's license is $250.. annually. Not much money for the money they make. There should at least be a Lottery draw for a few Guides allowed to Guide each year.
    Yeah, you haven’t guided much of you think guides make a lot of money. They collect a lot, but they don’t net much.

Wannabe…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Likes M R Dux LIKED above post

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast