HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had a blow out on my left tire ......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Had a blow out on my left tire ......

bout sent me into the lake I tell ya !......
    found a spot on some heavy rocks I never really liked to visit due to the degree of you will likely fall and or trip and or get hurt bad trying to navigate it down it.
    But it was mentioned the fish were liking that spot as I tried flat ground fishing for a few minutes, while we were walking the dog yesterday.
    So as this fish story goes, down the steep rocky mess I went , sure enough there were 3 guys ketchn some fish, was told it was minnow bite ! Now as you can imagine that is like a challenge to me, there isn't really such a thing most of the time, it's a mindset and lack of skills with a jig that takes most folks in that direction .
    So the particulars were , they were on mostly small male fish and a few small females and nothing in the WOW category, but none the less, a bite is a bite . I tried a minute or so below them on the rocks and nada, I thought it is deeper and steeper past them a bit and went around them down the shore line.
    Got on a slight perch atop a solid rock at the waters edge and set my float a bit deeper as it drops off there right fast. pitched it a rod length in front of me and nada some more , drug it slowly to me and about when it was on a dry rock it acted "funny" kinda tilted a bit and seemed like it was on a rock, picked it up ever so gently to dislodge it and the rock tugged back pretty hard ! Set the hook and KABOOM , the proverbial show commenced !
    She was huge and not on for long and about jerked me off my perch ! To say it unnerved me would be an understatement for sure . Them fellas 40 yards way were in the WOW , bummer mode !
    Repeated the venue and sure enough same thing just at the rocks ! Well it went much better and after quite a struggle with 7 foot of line off my 7 foot old worn out Berkley , out she came . Really solid fish at close to 2 lbs and made me grin BIG !
    Got ready to repeat the scenario and AGAIN , KABOOM and it was yet another big female right off the rocks! Well it was quite a struggle and the perch was unsafe and my left tire went in right between the rocks as I danced with her. not good ......
    Sure enough as we danced and I was trapped by the heel hold rock , it became evident something had to give ! Give it did and as I wrenched it free ,,,,KABOOM blew out my left tire right bad for sure !
    Now who cares right....the place was flat out STUPID on FIRE and the fish were toads and I never actually realized it until I got off my perch to say see ya ....after 15 really nice solid fish or so I had to go and leave them biting and in one image you can EVEN see a fella's rod tip under my last fish as I took a photo and gave the fish and my "perch" to him on my departure ....
    The fish were TIGHT to the shore and it was the ole 12 x 12 program , 12 inches off the rocks and 12 inches below the surface on the jig ! Bright orange was a deadly color and I took off my float after the second bite . All the fish were in an area the size of a washtub and it was as good as it gets , never set it in the water that it didnt get bit and lost several really large female crappie in the mix as well . Sorry limp wrist hooksets were to blame on them as it often didn't really feel like a fish until it was a big fish ....
    So >>>>>>
    Wanna see my blown out shoe as proof ?
    or big toad crappie fish is the question ?
    or maybe the dog with my daughter out in a small patch of bluebonnets ?
    oh the suspense right ......
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes S10CHEVY, Powerbait, Jamesdean, Rojo, Herewego LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default just a tease maybe ?

yep yep , shoe first ....
    long walk back at over a mile with blow out for sure .....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes S10CHEVY, Cane Pole, Rojo, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default more proof maybe ?

promise it really happened the way it was told ......

Post Thanks / Like

Default ok ok ok ,show me the fish right .....

here are some fish , seflies available as well ,just saying
    and yes KABOOM .....is the word
    Likes S10CHEVY, Powerbait, Jamesdean, Rojo, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it happened since I had something similar happen on a riprap bank. Foot got wedged in the rocks, I lost my balance and and sat down in a hole in the rocks and my rear end was stuck too. Took a few minutes to free my foot and posterior before I could get back on my feet. No slab crappie on the line when it happened though. Fine mess of slab crappie fishing the rock slabs.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post
    Thanks Ketchn thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Those fish looked to be worth the tire damage
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Nice day and a good story, Ketchn. Bet those guys were scratching their heads!
    Bob
    Likes Rojo, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The Man can paint Color to Words, very well written and entertaining!
    If I die from a Deadly Sin it will be Gluttony!

"Formerly known as rojoguio"
    Likes wannabe fisherman, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    Those fish looked to be worth the tire damage
    it was my bestest pair though , my other storm trooper sandal type things blew out last year on the toe area , wife thought it was pretty hilarious though on this pair , so in the end that's a good thing ....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Nice day and a good story, Ketchn. Bet those guys were scratching their heads!
    Bob
    they are the rubber snake boots fellas with back packs and long rods and etc. etc. that are all scared of the water boa snakes that live in herds in them there rocks.
    me not so much ,so it is likely they thunk I was just lucky not to get snake bit and find a fish in the first place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast