HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Past 2 Days On AThe Hill!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Past 2 Days On AThe Hill!

Guys and girls....all I can tell ya is look shallow. The past two days began with water temps at 56.5 degrees and today at 57.5 degrees. Once the sun gets on the water it easily reaches into the 60's. The crappie are reacting to these warmer waters and are headed towards their spawning grounds. If you know spots where they have been caught on the banks in the years past then look closeby in those areas now. Yesterday I caught plenty of fish in water 11'-14' deep (with the majority caught in @ 12'-13' deep) and today I caught fish in water from 9' deep to 13' deep (and today's majority caught came from 9' to 11' deep). I checke dthe 5' depths and it didnt show anything...of course the graph would only show what fish was directly under the transducer with it that shallow. I had to run fast pulling 1/16ths but I didnt get any hits in any water less than 8.5'-9' deep.

The eggs arent fully matured yet and the bellies dont look quite like golf balls inside 'em either so that tells me if these temps hold steady then the fish will be staging, some moving in and some moving back out, and are fairly easy pickings once you find them. Fish of all sizes are there. So if you wanna get in on the action then it has began. knock the dust off, grab your tackle box, and get after 'em. And good luck to ya!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
    Thanks Hotwater thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, you’re gonna make me look shallow. You’re Wacking Em. Thanks for the info. My water temp is about 3-4 degrees cooler. Yesterday, after today who knows!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes gabowman LIKED above post

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

tackleboat, after what I did today you might have to break out your longlining rods again.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep! Pulled a limit of nice fish on Tuesday myself…no pics…sorry! Was fishing the same way in the same depths of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BigDawgg, gabowman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    tackleboat, after what I did today you might have to break out your longlining rods again.
    I got new line on them and ready to go. Wife put in her notice yesterday, she is retiring. Planning on letting her run the rods and I’ll just run the boat. Guessing I be her Netboy.

Likes NCkenner, gabowman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a great time thanks for report. Looks like your lake is warming up for the run.
    "Smiles don't leave a lake without one."
    "White Perch the other white meat."
    "CK the Official Tester of floating nets".
    Likes gabowman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You’ve got me fired up! We’re coming down this weekend and I’ll be sure to try em shallow! Thanks for the tip!!!