Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Larto help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Larto help

Hey fellow slab hunters! I’m looking to make a quick weekend trip to Larto and I’ve never fished there before. The weekend I’m looking at would be the last weekend of April. Im sure the spawn will be long gone by then. I’m just curious as to what I can expect at that time of year. Not looking for anyone’s spot, Just different techniques to try. I typically fish south louisiana bayous and canals so I don’t have a ton of experience with oxbow fishing. I’ll be fishing out of a 17ft aluminum boat. Thanks for any responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by milksacks View Post
    Hey fellow slab hunters! I’m looking to make a quick weekend trip to Larto and I’ve never fished there before. The weekend I’m looking at would be the last weekend of April. Im sure the spawn will be long gone by then. I’m just curious as to what I can expect at that time of year. Not looking for anyone’s spot, Just different techniques to try. I typically fish south louisiana bayous and canals so I don’t have a ton of experience with oxbow fishing. I’ll be fishing out of a 17ft aluminum boat. Thanks for any responses.
    Hi,
    Most fish with jig poles slow trolling fishing as deep as the fish are with either jigs or shiners.
    I have fished the edges of the bayous with very good luck with a cork and jig.
    If you can find the fish, you’ll be ahead of the game……

Post Thanks / Like

As april gets closer check back and we can give you a better report on the conditions, the last couple years at that time it was pretty high with all the rains this year at present time the lake is at pool or just below pool stage.
    You know me, I'm always ready for a road trip. Chip Newest member of Traveling Team Overalls
    Likes milksacks LIKED above post