Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordering worms online

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ordering worms online

Anyone here order worms online, I am going to order some mealworms in the next few months for crappie and trout, I will probably get some Super worms to. Local worms just cost to much hear and I can get hundreds for what 2dozen cost.

I haven't ordered any in 3-4 years, think I used that rainbow place but can't remember.anyone recommend where to get worms at or any other kind of worms they like.

Post Thanks / Like

Prices at rainbow re still decent, there out of superworms but I won't order until February probably.

Post Thanks / Like

uncle jim's

reds and/or crawlers

easy to breed in two nesting plastic tubs
    Likes TWFairweather LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ecoast View Post
    uncle jim's

reds and/or crawlers

easy to breed in two nesting plastic tubs
    I'll look up uncle Jim's, I always wanted to make a worm box but I always had good places to find enough worms but not where I'm living now.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TWFairweather View Post
    Anyone here order worms online, I am going to order some mealworms in the next few months for crappie and trout, I will probably get some Super worms to. Local worms just cost to much hear and I can get hundreds for what 2dozen cost.

I haven't ordered any in 3-4 years, think I used that rainbow place but can't remember.anyone recommend where to get worms at or any other kind of worms they like.
    I ordered 2000 large mealworms from Grubco about 8 years ago they still going strong.
    Likes TWFairweather LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Techno2000 View Post
    I ordered 2000 large mealworms from Grubco about 8 years ago they still going strong.
    Do you breed them in the bins, how many do you get or how often. I'm not allowed worms in the house so I'll probably never try raising any lol. I looked on YouTube and there's no videos I can find on using mealworms for crappie, t hats surprising they were one of my go to for catching them lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else order worms

Post Thanks / Like

DO NOT ORDER FROM UNCLE JIM"S!!! You will be sorry if you do. I have ordered from them and I received red wigglers and blue worms. Blue worms are fragile and die easy. My order was contaminated with the blues. I have ordered from Bill Jacobson with Lakeshore Vermicomposting @ 920-905-1114 and was very pleased. Google his company. He sells red wigglers and European Night crawlers. I raise red wigglers for personal use and he was the best company that I have bought from. My $.02.
    Likes TWFairweather, Rob206 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cricket george View Post
    DO NOT ORDER FROM UNCLE JIM"S!!! You will be sorry if you do. I have ordered from them and I received red wigglers and blue worms. Blue worms are fragile and die easy. My order was contaminated with the blues. I have ordered from Bill Jacobson with Lakeshore Vermicomposting @ 920-905-1114 and was very pleased. Google his company. He sells red wigglers and European Night crawlers. I raise red wigglers for personal use and he was the best company that I have bought from. My $.02.
    Thanks I'll check him out, the prices from uncle Jim's seemed high anyway. I've had good luck with rainbow mealworms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast