HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to Chaunc

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Chaunc. If you read the November 10 NWPA Report be Darl Black, you can see a pic of the fish.
    Thanks chaunc thanked you for this post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post

Hope you got a pic!
    Name:  87AB7074-2B92-48A0-A01D-4D25C51B6339.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  49.6 KB
    Here you go Ed. Might have to lighten it up a little more. Sun was just about behind the trees when I found someone to take the pic for me. He couldn’t believe when I walked back down the ramp and released it and watched it swim away. I laughed when he cussed. Haha. He gave me a WTF are you crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crp4570 View Post
    Congrats buddy. I’d make you a black berry cobbler if you were close.
    And I’d give you a bag of walleyes from Erie in trade. Thanks Jere. Miss my Kentucky family. Dadgum Covid messed up my vacation plans for the last two years now. Not sure if I’ll make it down next spring either. Gettin too old to make that long drive anymore.
    Likes crp4570, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    I tell kids: "The coolest part about letting them go at that size is you get to catch them over and over again. Sometimes 2 days later. And you begin to recognize them. Same with bass. You can give them pet names..lol"

Especially if you follow them right after ice off.
    I released it in a totally different part of the lake from where I caught it. Someone from shore has a good chance at catching it now. No shore access where I caught it. It’s a good size lake too.
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Views: 5135
Size:  119.2 KB

Very nice Chaunc. You can get a replica made with that pic.

Give me three sentences (or more) about how it was caught (the story) and I'll have an article. I know, I'm always asking for more, right! lol
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes "G", S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That is a very nice fish
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations...Fish of a lifetime. Still searching for my 16"er. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
Views: 5135
Size:  119.2 KB

Very nice Chaunc. You can get a replica made with that pic.

Give me three sentences (or more) about how it was caught (the story) and I'll have an article. I know, I'm always asking for more, right! lol
    I was casting a jig and bobber to shoreline blowdowns catching some nice crappies. As I was moving to the next set of blowdowns I was watching my hummingbird. I saw some wood on the bottom in 15ft and it was loaded with fish so I busted out my hang gliding rods, an 8ft Russ Bailey model by B&M and a ten footer from Thump city rods. Unpainted 1/16 oz heads and Bobby Garland baby Shad’s in my two favorite colors and went to work. Didn’t take but a minute to put the first one in the box and the bite was continuing steady. This big one slammed my ten foot rod and was determined to take me for a ride but I had a good hook set on him and brought him to the net. Measured it and pulled out my scale. Dead battery, so no weight, but I’ve caught numerous two pounders and this was definitely a solid two plus. Couldn’t get a good selfie so I put it in the box and hoped I’d run into someone to take a pic for me. I got lucky as there was a guy loading at the ramp. He took the pic for me. I walked down the ramp and released the beast to give someone else that feeling it gave me. If you’re ever on Shenango lake in NW Pennsylvania and you catch a big crappie with a smile on its face, tell it you know the guy that threw it back. Haha. God bless you all and good fishing.
    Likes SuperDave336, Slab, "G", Redge, S10CHEVY, 6poundtest LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    I was casting a jig and bobber to shoreline blowdowns catching some nice crappies. As I was moving to the next set of blowdowns I was watching my hummingbird. I saw some wood on the bottom in 15ft and it was loaded with fish so I busted out my hang gliding rods, an 8ft Russ Bailey model by B&M and a ten footer from Thump city rods. Unpainted 1/16 oz heads and Bobby Garland baby Shad’s in my two favorite colors and went to work. Didn’t take but a minute to put the first one in the box and the bite was continuing steady. This big one slammed my ten foot rod and was determined to take me for a ride but I had a good hook set on him and brought him to the net. Measured it and pulled out my scale. Dead battery, so no weight, but I’ve caught numerous two pounders and this was definitely a solid two plus. Couldn’t get a good selfie so I put it in the box and hoped I’d run into someone to take a pic for me. I got lucky as there was a guy loading at the ramp. He took the pic for me. I walked down the ramp and released the beast to give someone else that feeling it gave me. If you’re ever on Shenango lake in NW Pennsylvania and you catch a big crappie with a smile on its face, tell it you know the guy that threw it back. Haha. God bless you all and good fishing.
    Hey Chaunc I am very proud of you! I mean that from the bottom of my heart . I started about 4 years ago to release big fish . Them old girls need to stay and help the fishery continue to provide nice fish . I remember when the average crappie in the lake was 8”now look at average. I am like you, I keep some . Look at Pymatuning fished to hard and people keeping the limit to often . Chaunc very good work , you are the man Congratulations to ChauncCongratulations to ChauncCongratulations to ChauncCongratulations to Chaunc

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmy View Post
    Hey Chaunc I am very proud of you! I mean that from the bottom of my heart . I started about 4 years ago to release big fish . Them old girls need to stay and help the fishery continue to provide nice fish . I remember when the average crappie in the lake was 8”now look at average. I am like you, I keep some . Look at Pymatuning fished to hard and people keeping the limit to often . Chaunc very good work , you are the man Congratulations to ChauncCongratulations to ChauncCongratulations to ChauncCongratulations to Chaunc

Also I liked your story of how you caught it , nice bedtime story Congratulations to ChauncCongratulations to ChauncCongratulations to ChauncCongratulations to Chaunc

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast