Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DFW Area Favorite Lake

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is Lake Lavon. It has large white crappie and find it pretty easy to fish. I need to learn Ray Hubbard because it is 10 minutes from my front door. You seldom see crappie fisherman unless you their under the bridge. There is timber on that lake that never sees a jig. I typically drive right over it when heading for Lake Tawakoni. Lewisville would be my second choice for DFW lakes. Nice crappie in that lake and lots of spots to fish.

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The lake I'm fishing on that day. The last few years it has been Joe Pool Lake but this year I hope to have several new favorite lakes.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
    My favorite is Lake Lavon. It has large white crappie and find it pretty easy to fish. I need to learn Ray Hubbard because it is 10 minutes from my front door. You seldom see crappie fisherman unless you their under the bridge. There is timber on that lake that never sees a jig. I typically drive right over it when heading for Lake Tawakoni. Lewisville would be my second choice for DFW lakes. Nice crappie in that lake and lots of spots to fish.
    Tawakoni is a really good lake for football crappie, the winter deep water dam bite is stupid good
    Lewisville is really good too sometimes ,fisheries biologist once told me he trapped 50 in one night in a trap all over 2 lbs ....
    Ray Hubbard is likely decent but like stated no one really hits it much ?
    Lavon is well known for numbers of quality fish too .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes BuckeyeCrappie LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12