HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having fun with Mega Live

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you fished with anyone that has livescope?
    If so how do they compare?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    Those deeper water shots look clear like Garmin . What is it like in shallow water say 4 to 6' ?
    I didn't try those depths yet so I can't say. But I was impressed with the "auto" function of the depth and range settings. As my depth changed the range and depth both adjusted accordingly. I did manually adjust my depth for a while to 25' to make it use the whole screen (pictures 3 and 4), but the rest of the time I let the unit adjust as it wanted to.

I also really liked how the forward view shows images from a little under the boat as well. We caught several fish dropping down off the side of the boat, at about my seat position, when we were a little too on top of the brush. As you can see, the most detail was when the brush was in the 0-25' distance range at the depth I was at, but the blurred image further away would still show the fish moving around. I'll just have to play with settings more in my next trips (who knows when that will be though) and hopefully put some tips to use from others that share their experiences.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redge View Post
    Have you fished with anyone that has livescope?
    If so how do they compare?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I'm sorry, I have not. This was the first time I have used or been around any live sonar. And that is another aspect of this.... it is user friendly. I updated my software, hooked it up, turned it on, and fished.
    Thanks Redge thanked you for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12