HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Lithium Batteries?

Post Thanks / Like

yes those 3 large units are drawing a lot of amps

Post Thanks / Like

I called the rep and he said it would be okay. I told him that I fish all winter and have launched with the temps in the teens and he said, as Tony said earlier, that if they were drawing power, they were fine. It took a long time to get the battery in and al the wires installed. This battery uses bolts for posts, not studs. I thought I'd like that, but don't. I had to get longer bolts to have room for all the ring terminals, and had to take them out multiple times to add washers, etc..

Post Thanks / Like

It should serve you well
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes FurFlyin LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m going to be upset if it doesn’t. After hooking all the wires to it last night, it’s no wonder I have battery issues. I am installing a toggle switch to my Livescope so I can kill the power to it while the boat is off the water. That should help a bunch

Post Thanks / Like

A battery disconnect switch may be useful for your situation. A turn of the switch and everything would be disconnected from the battery.. ready to be charged or stored
    Likes "G", FurFlyin LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FurFlyin View Post
    I called the rep and he said it would be okay. I told him that I fish all winter and have launched with the temps in the teens and he said, as Tony said earlier, that if they were drawing power, they were fine. It took a long time to get the battery in and al the wires installed. This battery uses bolts for posts, not studs. I thought I'd like that, but don't. I had to get longer bolts to have room for all the ring terminals, and had to take them out multiple times to add washers, etc..
    Use battery terminal distribution bars. Solves lots of terminal wiring angst.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Yes, all kinds of buss bar options are on Amazon. Really neatens things up, too.
    Look over the fused options, too.
    Oh, and to me, disconnects are a must. When my boat comes out of the water, they are OFF.
    Likes grizwilson, FurFlyin LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah View Post
    Yes, all kinds of buss bar options are on Amazon. Really neatens things up, too.
    Look over the fused options, too.
    Oh, and to me, disconnects are a must. When my boat comes out of the water, they are OFF.
    The internet has made a lot of that sort of thing more affordable and readily available

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    That's exactly what I should have done. I could have cut one from 1/4" aluminum on our water jet. Just like always, I wait too late to do everything I want to do, when I need to do it. I'm fishing all week next week so it's been crunch time. Last night I had plans to install the toggle switch to turn off the Livescope. I had a Grote switch. I soldered and used heat shrink on the three terminals. I got them all installed, good and snug and one of the lugs fell off the toggle switch. I just turned off the lights, locked up and headed home. After I got home, I then realized I had my fuse on the wrong side of the switch, so I had to redo all that this afternoon after we closed up for the day. These days it seems like I spend more time redoing than I do doing.

Post Thanks / Like

For those that don't know me, this is how things go with me. This started 3 weeks ago. I am 8 weeks post shoulder replacement surgery, so I knew it was going to take me much longer than normal to get my "to do" list done. The list was short at that time, but it quickly grew longer. I pulled my boat to our shop, to replace one grease seal on one axle. When I put new bearings and seals in it last year, I knew that I "dinged" one of the seals when I put it in and it's been slinging grease on the wheel since. I did that right before my annual fall trip with a good friend of mine. I didn't have time to get another seal, so I just went with it. I only use SKF, or National seals. So I pulled the hub, which was on the rear axle, that has brakes on it. A few of the guys tried to stay and help me but I was determined to do it myself. This trailer has a horrible design on the calipers. The bottom bolt on the caliper lines up exactly with the leaf springs. You have to get the bolt started with 3/8" of cut off allen wrench, then you have to take it out with channel locks. I got it out and repacked the hub, new seal installed. It took me 45 minutes to get the bottom bolt in. I ended up having to use my gimped up arm and it felt wonderful. LOL I purged the other 3 hubs with them still installed. Three out of the 4 one year old seals have failed. Guess I can knock SKF off the list now. Then I go fishing and that's when the battery issues started, then found out the charger wasn't working, then found out the battery was bad. Then the new lithium battery is too long for my battery box, so had to fix that. Then the toggle switch falls apart, and I still don't have my LS perspective mode bracket put on. I made a homemade one but it doesn't work nearly as good as the YouTube guy made it out to. Going fishing with my son tomorrow, leaving Monday morning bright and early to go with my friend. I guess the LS mount will get put on Sunday afternoon after church, where I'll surely encounter more crap that would only happen to me.

I HATE working on boats.
    Thanks Redge thanked you for this post

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast