Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dale Hollow Lake Fishing??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dale Hollow Lake Fishing??

Anyone fish this lake? Will be going up there next year and maybe this year and want to know what to expect. Clear lake, dirty water, any flooded timber? Just curious if anyone can give me some details on crappie fishing. Not asking where you are fishing, more just wanting to learn the lake. Thanks in advance.
    Chris Gill
    President/Founder of Lone Star Warriors Outdoors
    Hunting and Fishing to combat Veteran Suicide and Help heal from PTSD
    Lone Star Warriors Outdoors, Helping to heal Warriors with Outdoor Adventures!
    Tyler Texas
    http://www.lonestarwarriorsoutdoors.com or find us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LoneStarWarriorsOutdoors/
    Asleep At The Wheel TV https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpY...T7MkD-jsDrbMkw
    Likes Mr. S LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dale hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Asleep At The Reel View Post
    Anyone fish this lake? Will be going up there next year and maybe this year and want to know what to expect. Clear lake, dirty water, any flooded timber? Just curious if anyone can give me some details on crappie fishing. Not asking where you are fishing, more just wanting to learn the lake. Thanks in advance.
    I fish this lake, I fish out of star point, I usually find the brush in 20 to 60 feet especially right now thru winter, I only use jigs, I go get in the creeks toward wisdom or back toward obey river, big eagle creek, hurricane creek, I might take a picture of the map on the graph and maybe it will show the spots I fish, if you can zoom in, I don’t care to show where I fish because everyone else fished them, also if you go out of star point, there is a guy that works at the dock that might tell you how deep there catching them, his name is frog, or just text me back when you go and there is places on the main lake I fish to. Ron

Post Thanks / Like

If you watch YouTube fishing videos, BrushPile Fishing has a couple of shows fishing different parts of the lake with guides.
    Likes Asleep At The Reel LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

It is deep and clear... The fish are usually 20' or deeper except in the spring. It is a mountain lake and therefore there are usually a slide area or 2 that are very visible that hold fish. We fish out of Sunset alot and fish towards the middle/upper end mostly. The creeks (Big Eagle, Cove and Ashburn are the ones I've fished... I'm sure the others will be just as good.... Long run up river from Celina & Lower End) do hold fish as well as main river points most of the time. I 2nd what fisheron about finding the brush. Things have been mixed up a little the last couple of years as we have had some major flooding like we've never had before and there are shoals and sandbars where they didn't used to be. LOL. You and Mr. Xenos are going to have some fun trying to figure this lake out. I fish Watts Bar mostly (there yesterday), but dad likes DH better so we go there. There are some toads in there. Dad's PB of 4.2 lbs came from that lake.

I will tell you this... That lake sets in 2 different states, so be careful where you are from a license standpoint..... TN and KY.

On a personal note, thanks for the Youtube channel and the work you do with the Veterans... Thank You and thanks for your service.
    Dusty Ledbetter
    Owner - https://retaliationtackle.com
    Likes kycreek, crappieready270240, bwilso LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Dusty, lol you know what I am doing! ha ha. Yes, fortunately for Matt he is not far away, me on the other hand is about 10 hours away. I am going to try and get up there in January when I fish Reelfoot lake, I know, not close but I have a duck hunt for my combat injured warriors that we do every January. I am not mad at the ducks anymore so I take my boat and fish. Might be looking at going up there. I will probably be there again in the April time frame and then for the Tourney in November. This is water that I am not used to. We have one location at Lake Fork that is deep, about 70 feet but everything else is 20-30 and DIRTY with no current. I had a fun time at the ACC Tournament at Watts Bar and love that lake, but fought current and dirty water for you all, but way too clear for me. Never in my life would I have thought I had to put a brush pile 5 feet from the rear of my boat, fish off the front and the current would take my jig all the way to the brush pile behind my boat. Took a day to get used to that. I look forward to getting up there and playing around and scanning. Thank you for the info, that is what I am wanting, just an idea of how the lake works etc. Thanks for the heads up on the license. I did not catch that on the map but will go back and look.

4.2 lbs!!! Wow, that is huge. I am still trying to catch the 3lber.

Lastly thank you for watching the youtube channel, I appreciate it. We lost my father-in-law yesterday and I was able to pull a video out from 2 years ago when we fished together. That is why I started it, to record my fun for my kids and grandkids and for me when I take family. Life is short and we never know when the end is coming so I like to capture it.

Also for the comment on veterans. I heal every time I take guys on hunt. It is my honor to help others overcome their issues just by talking. I appreciate you and have a blessed day.
    Chris Gill
    Tyler Texas
    http://www.lonestarwarriorsoutdoors.com or find us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LoneStarWarriorsOutdoors/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishinron View Post
    I fish this lake, I fish out of star point, I usually find the brush in 20 to 60 feet especially right now thru winter, I only use jigs, I go get in the creeks toward wisdom or back toward obey river, big eagle creek, hurricane creek, I might take a picture of the map on the graph and maybe it will show the spots I fish, if you can zoom in, I don’t care to show where I fish because everyone else fished them, also if you go out of star point, there is a guy that works at the dock that might tell you how deep there catching them, his name is frog, or just text me back when you go and there is places on the main lake I fish to. Ron
    Thank you for the information! I will have to look on the map to figure out where all of that is! ha ha. I appreciate you taking the time to throw some ideas out for me Sir!
    Chris Gill
    Tyler Texas

Post Thanks / Like

cdledbetter,

I have been on the lake the last few months and have already burned up about $400 in gas and oil. LOL... I think im gonna be A ok! It is a beautiful lake and reminds me a lot of others I have fished in the past. My passion is to break down new water and locate big fish, this is what drives me. I love it! I can not wait for the event. Its going to be a lot of fun and hopefully all will have a good time.

Matt Xenos
    Owner - Wired For Crappie
    www.wiredforcrappie.com
    Founder/President of East TN Crappie Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieready270240 View Post
    cdledbetter,

I have been on the lake the last few months and have already burned up about $400 in gas and oil. LOL... I think im gonna be A ok! It is a beautiful lake and reminds me a lot of others I have fished in the past. My passion is to break down new water and locate big fish, this is what drives me. I love it! I can not wait for the event. Its going to be a lot of fun and hopefully all will have a good time.

Why as long as a man catches a few and spends time with some fellow anglers, it will be a good time. I'm used to Watts Bar, but like I told Sarge, Dad likes DH so I fish some there with him. It is different... Definitely deeper. LOL

Maybe we get to see you all there at weigh in.
    Dusty Ledbetter
    Owner - https://retaliationtackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieready270240 View Post
    cdledbetter,

Another reason I'm glad I have a kayak....lol

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if this part of your question was answered to your satisfaction but the water is clear.....very, very clear. Last spring I fished the lake for the very first time and I was hunting for Shellcracker beds. I found them visually. The water was so clear that not only could I see the fish and their red tipped gill flaps but I could see the pebbles in the bottom of their nests in five feet of water. There were dozens of nests and I did not catch a fish. That's because they were all starring back at me! I could see them and they could see me.

so be prepared for gin-clear water is there is no major flooding event.
    BTW the Shellcrackers were enormous!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast